Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First overnight cook

Well, today I had two firsts.

I cooked beef short ribs over around 3 1/2 hours in the WFO. Kept a nice little fire going the whole time and threw in a second pan with asparagus in the last half hour or so. They were excellent!

Second, after i swept out most of the coals, I put in a terra-cotta pot filled with cannalini beans. Soaked them overnight, and put them in with water, rendered down pancetta, peppercorns, and fresh sage. Can't wait till morning to see what I got!
    Ernie

Ducane 5 Burner Stainless / 34 Inch WFO

Re: First overnight cook

Nice!
    With a small live fire going were you able to maintain a certain temp range for the entire low and slow cook?
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

George,

I kept it at about 450-500 with a slow flame going. Just put a log on every 45 minutes or so. My beans were undercooked though! I just don't think I got enough heat in the oven to last through the night, and my door is far from insulated. Think I really gotta get the oven hot and maitain a strong burn for at least 2-3 hours before. Can use the residual heat to overnight it. And, insulate the door of course. My internal temp was 185 on the floor after 12 hours...just not high enough.
      Ernie

Ducane 5 Burner Stainless / 34 Inch WFO

Comment

Thanks Ernie, that's good information on the beans. I have the same problem, not well insulated door.
        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Working...
        X