pizza turkey and more pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza turkey and more pizza

hi! been away for awhile.... Starting a business will do that to you.

but we took some time for fun. We had pizza christmas eve and it was great! I made bread dough from my wifes mother's recipie and let it rest in the cold garage overnight. I brined a turkey from alton brown's recipie.

Pulled the door from the oven the next morning and it was over 400 degrees.
    I popped the bread in and left the door open until the temp came down.

I stuck the bird in my kitchen oven at 500 degrees while the bread was baking. as the bread came out, the bird went into the pizza oven.

Big coffee can of water on the side and closed the door. As usual, the bird came out perfectly and sooo very moist.

I put wood in the oven and stuck the door back on. - 2 days later I opened the door and it was still 110 degrees inside the oven. That cermaic insulation on the floor and the the other insulation really does it's job.

We cranked the oven back up and made more pizza's tonight. I had some leftover homemade crab cakes so we chopped them up and put them on the pizza first and then covered them with cheese ---- wow -- so very good.

made more bread dough tonight..... I guess I'll start the diet on Jan 2!

happy holidays to all on the site -- you've been and continue to be an inspriation to me.

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Re: pizza turkey and more pizza

Sounds wonderful! We're all on a diet with you on Jan 2, 11
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X