X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarta Pascualina

Marcel:

Nice to see about you, English teacher!
    Sorry by the delay in answering you question. The thread was a little ?crowded? <g>
    Returning to the big-empanada issue the answer is yes, and we use to call this type as Empanada pascualina or Tarta pascualina (Easter cake?).
    Since the dough in the recipe is a friendly one, you could use to anything that cross your mind. For example, anybody could use this dough to lining a muffin form, filling it and cover with another dough circle. Voil?, ?muffin? empanadas LOL.
    Normally, the Torta pascualina is filled with chopped spinach, garlic and b?chamel sauce, in place of the ?carbonara? (original empanadas filling). Or jam and cheese! Mmmm.
    Go for it!

Luis

Comment

Gracias!

Thanks ljanmi2 for the link to the empanada dough -- will try it this weekend!

Stryke

Comment

Re: EMPANADAS - Argentine Style

yummy - sounds good

Comment

I used the recipe posted online and they turned out great! Here is a photo.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Ryan:

Nice work!
            I was baking all the weekend, doing cheese and pumpkin breads, cheese and sourdough biscuits, sourdough toasts, foccacia and even 'the best cheesecake ever' (according as the recipe claims!) as part of next Tuesday party at home.
            Despite this, your pictures made me hungry!
            I want some!!!

Luis

Comment

i have a question. i live in miami. there are empanadas in every bottega, market, restaurant, etc. but there's only one kind i like. there are some that are fried and flaky (yuck), others are almost like a bagel crust. they are baked. they are not flaky. i think they may be colombian but not sure. i am trying to find a recipe for empanada dough like that. i have the filling down pat (you can do anything of course) but the dough....not easy. i tried la saltena, it was ok, but again, not what i'm looking for. any ideas????

Comment

Working...
              X