Bacon covered pork loin in my wfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon covered pork loin in my wfo

Fired up my oven yesterday in the rain. Medium heat. Cooked a applewood bacon covered pork loin from Sam's. This was my 3rd one cooked this way. I wrapped it in foil, then placed it in a roaster pan with the lid on. 2 1/2 hrs later I checked the inside temp, right around 170. I peeled back the foil and pushed her in for another 15 min to brown. Moist, moist meat. Killer flavor. I also cooked 3 italian sausages. Used a 12 cast iron skillet. Pre heated the pan for 10-15 min. Then put in the sausages to sizzle and brown, turned 1/2 way through. Yummy appetizer.

Re: Bacon covered pork loin in my wfo

F4D,
    Sounds yummy! Did you brine it by chance? I get pork loins from Sam's too and haven't been disappointed. Here's a pic of one of the open-pan oven-roasted pork loin dishes cooked before our very eyes at last year's first annual Forno Bravo Expo. These were done by the Il Fornaio guys and they turned out very tasty.

Comment

Agreed - I had some of that myself, very good. The guy's working the oven were fun to talk to as well.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

GF, I did not brine mine, was a packaged roast with the cut up bacon on it. My wife and I did attend Expo 2010. The guys from Il Fornaio were great!!! On a side note, how do you attach a thumbnail photo to your post? Thanks, Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by fishn4daze View Post
          On a side note, how do you attach a thumbnail photo to your post? Thanks, Kurt
          Kurt,

When you post, look for the paper clip on the tool bar, to the right of the smiley face.

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks Les I will give it a try

Comment

Working...
            X