High School Girls Soccer Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Girls Soccer Team

I got volunteered to cook pizza for 22 screaming teenage girls. It went OK, 8 pizzas in about 30 minutes, just cheese, pepperoni, and margarita pies. I would have made more but my beer/pizza fridge died, so I had to ferment my dough in a cooler and I could only fit 8 doughs for 14" pies. It was just about right, none left and no one left hungry.

It was an 80/20 KABF/semolina warm fermented (at 60-70 degrees) for 24 hours at a hydration of around 80%.

1. Pepperoni, mushroom, onion.
    2. Another PMO.
    3. Pizza station, 7 pies done.
    4. Cheese Pizza.

Re: High School Girls Soccer Team

It looks awesome! Enjoy the noise, before you know it, they move 500 miles away to get their masters.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

those pizza look exactly the way I like them....
      -------------------------------------------
      My 2nd Build:
      Is here

Comment

Very nice!

Also very courageous to deal with all the screaming. I had a couple of soccer players, male and female, and geez, the noise and smell from those kids was amazing....

Seriously, though, Les is right. Enjoy it now. My house is very quiet these days....
        Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Some fine looking pizzas there - like the organised work area too!
          / Rossco

Comment

Tom,
            Looks Terrific, as usual. I also have a screaming teenage girl, and boy. I am hearing rumblings about a "girl" pizza party soon.

Derk

Comment

Tom,

Sorry for extra post, where did you get the stainless compartment container in photo #3? It looks really handy.

Derk

Comment

Restaurant supply store. Pricey, but I put ice in the bottom and it keeps everything fresh. On the back row I put toppings, the front row is (L to R) flour, sauce, cheese. I have enough of the plastic containers in various sizes to fill another SS tub, but haven't bought one yet. I also plan on making a wood box for it to sit in to increase the insulation value.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                  Restaurant supply store. Pricey, but I put ice in the bottom and it keeps everything fresh. On the back row I put toppings, the front row is (L to R) flour, sauce, cheese. I have enough of the plastic containers in various sizes to fill another SS tub, but haven't bought one yet. I also plan on making a wood box for it to sit in to increase the insulation value.
                  Great lookin pies, I hope by fall I'll be there. In reguards to your stainless kitchen equ. keep an eye out for a resturant auction in your area, plenty good deals and everything is NSF. Also if you can get into a junk yard and buy we used to be able to but now they just buy, no resell and just look around. there's always food service items that are headed to the grinder that still would have many years of service left in home use.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

I use the frog boiling method of pizza equippage. If I came home with the service tray complete, CINC-House would have a problem, but I buy it piecemeal (and the MIL gave me the SS pan for my birthday), so it is not bad. Each container with lid is about 8 bucks, the pan around 20. Same for all of my various screens, pans, peels, and tools: I add to the collection one or 2 at a time.

I finally convinced the family to leave all of my pizza crap alone, and the wife actually cleared off a couple of shelves in the little kitchen* to store it separate from the normal kitchen equipment. I also bought doubles for what I need and do not want to have to search for, like measuring cups, sauce spoons, and dough mixing bowls.

*We bought this house from a caterer, and she built a small second kitchen into the house. It is tiny, and I took the oven out, but it is where we keep the microwave, my (dead) beer fridge, and various other kitchen related things. It does have 4 sinks, one of which will soon be utilized in my outdoor kitchen. I want to turn the space into a half bath, which is what it was probably originally designed to be. It is about 6 foot wide by 12 foot deep, with counters on both sides. About the size of the kitchen on a 53' Hatteras.

Comment

That looks amazing, very tasty, you have that pizza making of to a fine art,

Comment

Thank you,

I believe you have everything well under control and if smellavision become a reality I'm going to plug you in first

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Derkp View Post
                          Tom,

Sorry for extra post, where did you get the stainless compartment container in photo #3? It looks really handy.

Derk
                          FYI, those are called "hotel pans". That'll help you find them when you go looking. I miss having a commercial kitchen....

Good looking pies. Mine are still just a dream until I get some more brick laid.
                          Last edited by azatty; 04-01-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X