Rosemary and Tomato Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosemary and Tomato Spare Ribs

Cranked up the oven after work and made some pork spare ribs.

Sauce ingredients: rosemary, tomato paste, honey, soya sauce, sugar, salt & pepper.
    / Rossco

Re: Rosemary and Tomato Spare Ribs

How are you cooking them? Pizza temperature? Any advice would be appreciated.

Karl

Comment

Looks great and yummy. Any photos of the end results?

Comment

Originally posted by kmrice View Post
        How are you cooking them? Pizza temperature? Any advice would be appreciated.

Karl
        I made a bed of coals and used an improvised "Tuscan Grill" arrangement. I think temp was around 290 C which was a bit warm for it as there was some charring, but the taste was amazing. I marinaded the ribs for about an hour before putting them in the oven, then removed them frequently to baste with more sauce. The rosemary stuck to the cast iron grid and when heated up by the coals, imparted the flavour to the meat. I still have some sauce left over so may do another run this evening - weather permitting.
        / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by fishn4daze View Post
          Looks great and yummy. Any photos of the end results?
          It went quite fast but my wife kept some for a snack later so I will see if I can get a pic of that. If not, I will definitely do another run either today, or later in the week. Rain has started so hopefully that will clear by the time I get home from work.
          / Rossco

Comment

Another run of the same this evening. Oven temp around 280 C. Did ribs with salt and pepper for about 10 mins then applied sauce. The finished product. Just trying to remember the ingredients ... think it was about 15 or so in the end.
            / Rossco

Comment

Heliman, wow...my mouth is watering looking at those pics..killer looking, I bet the taste better..thanks, Kurt

Comment

Man! Those sound and look good.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

I am quite keen to work on perfecting the marinade recipe and add some chilli to spice it up. Been holding back because my wife is not a chilli fan. The rosemary does not seem to be a common item to include in this sort of recipe but it added another flavour dimension, but at the same time it wasn't overpowering.
                  / Rossco

Comment

Working...
                  X