Pizzaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizzaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Well - I'm a bit embarassed. I've been cutting bricks but have no oven. I am not ashamed to say I am a former Dominos employee - way back in my college daze. We were not allowed to throw pizza's. But, when no-one was watching.........

Fast forward to today.

We were tired of waiting. I researched recipes on the FB site and went to the grocery. Went hungry. The worst way to go. Huge grocrery bill.. but I digress.

Made the dough per the recipe found here - Employed my underused bread machine to do the dirty work. Made two batches one wet and one less.

I put several of my bricks in the oven and made a low tech pizza stone.
    550 degrees for an hour an a half

Then - the best thing! The sauce! Used our forum for the sauce recipe. Oh Man! I used italian tomatoes and the red vinegar and the other stuff. I was not prepared for what I was about to taste! I can't wait to try the serial number tomatoes!!!!

The neighbors - Sandra and Connie - gave me a pizza peel. We used that. First pizza stuck to the peel - had to roll it off and put flour under each edge. It survived and was a great pizza. But we forgot the olive oil on top in our haste.

Second pizza - holy crap. Everything worked out. Olive oil and everything! Best pizza we've had since we had since the first one! We love this site. Crust was wonderful.

Third pizza - gotta use up the dough - we made two batches! It did not come off the peel as well as I'd like but it made the picture! We took it over to Sandra and Connies! Sandra's mom was there. 97 years old. She asked if the crust was crunchy..... She loved it!

All in all. A wonderful evening. Thanks to all!!!

Christo

P.S. Used the rest of the dough to make flatbread. Man o Man! good stuff!
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic
Working...
X