Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party for 50 people last night. Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party for 50 people last night. Success!

We had a 1st birthday party last night for our baby girl that required me to finish my oven w/in a month of starting...well...almost finish. Still needs the cosmetics but who cares about that? So I've only made dough once before and was very nervous but the tips I found here and various other sites helped me off the ledge. I made 3 big batches of dough. I haven't gotten caputo yet as i wasnt sure the oven was going to get hot enough. Used pine the first cook so I only got to about 550-600. So dough was flour, yeast, and water. split into 50 dough balls and had topping stations all through the kitchen. everything went surprisingly well. almost all the pizzas were great. had to mix up another 15 dough balls halfway into the night. oven ended up so hot by 3 hours in that i couldnt take my eye off a pie or it would burn. overall everyone had a blast and i love the oven. 40" pompei based on the FB plans. I don't post much but I've got a decent chronicle of the build. Pics of the party attached

Re: Party for 50 people last night. Success!

More pics here:
    Flickr: alphaphaedrus' Photostream

Comment

Re: Party for 50 people last night. Success!

Congrats on the party - 50 is huge but the oven makes it really easy if you have teamwork a going! You will really like the way fruit/citrus wood burns over the pine.
      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
      X