Beer Can Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Can Chicken

I tried the beer can chicken (BCC) recipe last night. All I can say is: WOW!!!! That chicken was GOOD!!!!

Oven temp was at 550F-575F and I left the chicken in for 1 hour 15 mins, rotating every 15 mins. I did have a small fire going on the side of the oven.

I used half a beer can of pale ale, and I rubbed a dry rub on the outside of the chicken. That's it.

Nice and crispy on the outside, and SUPER moist on the inside. Full of flavor and very juicy. I am definitely going to keep making more BCC as my cooking develops! You just can't go wrong.

aceves

Re: Beer Can Chicken

Very nice looking yardbird ya got there. Did the small fire leand any smokey flavor to the chicken?

Comment

Thanks roobqn!

Yes, the fire gave it a nice smokey flavor. I used oak, but next time I'll switch to a fruit wood (cherry or apple) for a better flavor.

aceves

Comment

Good looking bird!

When we do beer can chicken we use those stainless steel can holders and set the whole (bird, can and stand) in a cast iron fry pan. The stands make the bird more stable and having it in the cast iron pan both contains the mess and makes moving the bird around the inside of the WFO easy using an Ove Glove to hold the handle of the pan. For easy removal of the bird from the can and stand we have been using insulated rubber gloves. (We also use these to lift cooked pulled pork from the roaster). My wife got me a pair from these folks:
        BBQ Gloves [Texas BBQ Rub]

The most we have done at one time is three birds and if you want to try some interesting recipes I suggest you check out:
        "Beer-Can Chicken" by Steve Raichlen.
        Amazon.com: Used and New: Beer-Can Chicken: And 74 Other Offbeat Recipes for the Grill

Bests,
        Wiley

Comment

really want to try this - I would have though 575f (290c) would have been too hot - but obviously not ... looks lovely. My problem is getting the chicken through our pizza oven door. will have to get measuring first.

Comment

Working...
          X