First few cooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First few cooks

Also, my oven is so energy efficient I can cook salmon on a hot day without even lighting a fire. Suck it up masonry boys!

Comment

Somehow I thought you were saying 70 on the inside and that would be massive heat loss, my fault for misunderstanding.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

ahaha that would be epic. You can sell that to NASA as a heat sink for shuttles

Comment

Awesome cookup tonight. Best pizza bases ever, perfectly cooked. I tried crisping up the beer can chicken for a few mins after doing pizzas and it got crispy all right, it caught on fire! the chicken itself was still very nice it was just a pity most of the skin was wasted. mm, guiness.

I also did some butterflied lamb over the coals right after the bcc, so it was still reeally hot. I was very concerned my nice lamb would go the way of the chicken skin but it coped well! The herbs on it got turned to smoke pretty quick and the meat was beautiful.

Did some corn too, soaked in water for an hour then put straight on coals. Probably the best corn I've had.

A few other bits and bobs like smoked kingfish, lemon sorbet, clafouti and chocolate log rounded out the meal nicely.

Comment

All looks great - why not cook a large piece of pork on the bone over night - that's what I do I add a little stock so it doesn't dry out, garlic onions, herbs etc. I use a ceramic pot with lid.

Comment

Working...
            X