No announcement yet.

Pork Shoulder pulled prk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may be right about not firing the oven long enough. That is an extremely fast cool down for a well insulated oven with sufficient thermal mass. Hopefully, your next "low and slow" will be started in the "pellet pooper" and finished in the oven .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I like that idea. 3 hours first in the pellet pooper also allows time to mop or spray with apple juice a few times - something I missed this last go around.

Comment

That is about what I do with the "stick burner". Two to three hours, the smoke ring is well developed, the meat has taken on about as much flavor as it is going to get, and I'm about lit . Then, while it is finishing in the oven, it is time for a nap .
        Last edited by Gulf; 01-01-2017, 08:21 PM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

2 bonless shoulder (butt) roasts. Dry rub. Overnight about 7 hours in about a 250f oven. No smoke but they came out pretty awesome. Tender and moist. Pull apart by hand.
          Next time will be bone in and I'll start them at 225f.
          The darker plate of pulled pork is one that I added back all the drippings to. So good.

- George

My Build
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...mente-ca-build

Comment

Working...
          X