X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis
    replied
    Re: Pizza Party/ Vow renewal

Thanks to all the well wishers and thanks to all on the forum who made this oven possible. While I might have been able to build an oven, it would not have been functional or as well built as this one. THANKS!
    Ok I have a little fuzzie hangover, but from what I recall we are still married and I am hoping this license never expires!
    Thanks to all the people here who have posted about having large pizza parties. This would have not turned out so well without your contributions! If I haven't invited this entire community over for pizza I am doing so now. Whenever anyone is in the Ct. area you are more than welcome to stop by for some tomato pies.
    The oven performed better than I had hoped for, making over thirty pizzas that all but the first few came out great. The first two pies crust failed to bubble like normal. I know they were still too cool from the fridge. After a little more warm up all the rest were great. We started with appetizers, Stromboli and stuffed mushrooms. I altered the recipe from asudavew crab stuffed mushrooms and used sausage instead. Put them into some rectangular Piral dishes and my sous chef cooked them in the throat of the oven. There were also two dips, an avacado and a spinich dip that the neighbor made and put into large hollowed out bread bowls that I bake a couple of days before hand and placed in the fridge. All the appetizers came out great and that gave the pizza dough a chance to warm up a bit more.
    I'll post pics as soon as I can find the camera.

Leave a comment:

• Capt
    replied

Congrats on the renewal, sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

John,

Wow ten years married and you already have a WFO. It took me 31 years to get one after we married.

Have a great party, and wishing you many more happy decades together.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

John,
    What a great way to tell her you'd do it all over again! Wish I was closer, I'd love to stop by and toast you and the missus. (My step-dad grew up in Warehouse Point, just down the road from you).

Congrats and nastrowie!
    John

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    started a topic Pizza Party/ Vow renewal

Pizza Party/ Vow renewal

It is out tenth anniversary and we are renewing our vows. (Never thought wedding lic. ever expired oh well! ) Anyway, we are having about thirty people over for a short ceremony and a long party! I have 40 dough balls made in the fridge and topping all prep. Todays wood has been in the oven drying since last weekends bake and should be nice and dry. Anyone in the Ct. area is invited to crash! Don't let my wife know I said that tho Hope to have lots of pics and a report on how things went, I am sure, or at least hopeful we will still be married after the party
    Ciao
    John
Working...
X