Left over pizza dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left over pizza dough

I made 12 x 6 oz pizza dough balls for a dinner party. Of course the pizza was great and I used the uncooked pizza sauce over a crispy yet chewy bread.

I was able to cook up 8 pizzas before everyone was full.

But still I had 4 more raw pizza discs left that had not been pulled.

I looked around and saw I had roasted onions, fire roasted red peppers and mushrooms that I had as toppings.

I made up about 1/2 size (7 inch or so) discs and pressed my fingers into the tops like in a focaccia. I drizzed oil on the bread and added onions, mushrooms, and anything left over from the party that I did not want as a left over. Sprinkled with Kosher salt and slid them into the less than pizza hot oven - one or two at a time.

These came out great.

Puffy interior - great crumb and a wonderful tender bread with a real kick for the toppings. We simply covered them with a cloth and left them out on the table top all night.

We had them for breakfast the next morning and they were still perfect and heated up in the microwave.

No more left overs and all the dough was gone.

Re: Left over pizza dough

Great Idea! How hot was the oven? 600 degrees F?

I also had dough left from a party and used it to make some stromboli. Spread the dough out as rectangular as you can, then add toppings and roll up like a jelly roll with closing the ends. I put them back in the dough box and fridge until the next day and after baking breads I threw them in for a mixed bag dinner. Oven temp was down to 450F and they came out great!
    Thanks for another great Idea!
    John
    Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
    Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
    Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

I make flat bread with leftover dough. Press it out to half pizza size for pita pocket bread , throw into hot oven and watch it blow up like a balloon as the water inside turns to steam.
      BC

Comment

This thread is making me hungry... and gives me some more ideas to try.

For left overs I make Calzones..... Basically pizza base, toppings on one half, fold the other half over the top and then rub the top with some good olive oil.......
        Reheated the next day with bolognaise sauce over the top fills you right up.
        Cheers
        Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Try giving your guests a desert pizza using the left over dough. You will be amazed at how much more they will eat!!!

I use whatever is available for topping.
          A mix of Sliced banana, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries with dark chocolate (I use the dark chocolate cooking drops/bits as used in baking) spread evenly over the base, drizzle honey over all and bake.
          Sprinkle some icing sugar just prior to serving.

It will disappear before your eyes. I find even the fullest guest will still find room

Cheers

Craig
          "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
          The Pirate Captain

Comment

Working...
          X