Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Salmon in about 4 minutes

Hi Okn,

Glad to know that there is someone open minded enough to at least experiment. We all know that taste is a value judgement, I'm glad that you value your taste enough to seek the best option for yourself. The crispy skin of salmon is tasty, but not one thats commonly eaten, its somewhat leathery.

Comment

Sorry for the dupe, but I just posted a piece on salmon I did for a pizza at about the 8-900 degree mark. Came out great. I didn't time it, but because I kept moving it in and out to avoid burning it, I think it took a little longer than 4 minutes.

Skin down on this one. I go back and forth about which way to do my salmon on a grill etc.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f18/...tml#post162431

Comment

Yes I tried both up and down. Skin down is hands down better in my opinion. But, to give it justice, you need to be about 800+ in temp. You won't get the browning otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
          Hi Horro,

I didn't mean for this to become a p!&&!ng contest! Just another approach, at that temp and time, I was thinking of making it palatable. I never use or would see the need to use a probe to cook a filet of fish. The maillard reaction, that you threw out is a mis-statement! It apply to meat. "Fish is different. The fat in fish comes from oils distributed throughout their flesh; it isn't stored in pockets as it is in beef and pork. These oils have subtle flavors in and of themselves; and they contribute to the flavor of the fish".
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	297579
          Gudday
          Read you post today, probably a bit hungry at the time , but as the day progressed found time to goggle the "mailard effect" . I think it made me twice as hungry . I picked up a couple of pieces of salmon and BBQ them. No time to flash up the oven.
          Bloody beautifull ... A simple salsa tomatoes onion salt pepper olive oil.
          The child bride was impressed.... I'm definitely going to do this in the WFO
          Thanks all
          Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Dave,

All I can say is nice!

Here are some pics of a salmon I did:

I placed the lemons on top to finish and keep the top from burning too much.

The oven was at "pizza temps". I kept a close eye on the salmon keeping it moving around in there almost like a pizza so it didn't turn to ash! It really came out nicely!
            Last edited by Brad English; 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X