Meats and Breads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meats and Breads!

Flank Steak, 7lb Rib Roast and various breads. Not all in one night of course.

Re: Meats and Breads!

Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmar View Post
      Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!
      me too Looks awesome
      Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Ditto........would love to get the roast recipe......cheers

Comment

Boy, it's been a long time since I saw this thread. My notes aren't so great for the roast, I wasn't detailed enough looking at them now.

The roast:
          3 rib from the local grocery store. I used Penzey's Bicentennial Rub on it while it sat out for 2 hours prior to cooking it. I wrapped it in aluminum foil prior to putting in the oven.

I fired the oven up to temperature and allowed it too cool to about 550 degrees and put the roast in. I checked after 45 mins and the temp had dropped to about 400 and then I started up a small log to add some heat and rotated the roast every 15 to 20 mins. I took the aluminum foil off for the last 30 mins or so to allow it to crust up a bit. I can't remember time wise, but about 90mins for it to cook. I gauged on temp of the roast, not time.

I will do another roast again, whenever it goes on sale again. This time, I will put the meat in at a lower temperature and allow some hickory chunks to smolder, giving it a smokier and robust taste. I'm not sure if I ever would cook the roast at super high temps, like a piece of steak, so im open to suggestions on how that would work out.

Comment

Thank you Bravo (and am sure my family does to) . will be giving this a go this weekend...............cheers

Comment

Working...
            X