Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's Bartman Cooking

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    I'll be the first to respond to this thread. I have no Thanksgiving treats or recipes to share at this time but hope to soon and on thanksgiving day.

I was nominated to host our annual family thanksgiving get together. I have never cooked a turkey in a WFO, as I'm sure there are many here on the forum like myself. We need everyones help. So lets get the discussions going so we all have a successful turkey day.

Attached is a picture I took last spring as I was just starting my dome. Please help my turkey have this bird's eye view.
    Turkey was in at 7:00, charcoal snake lit, oven stabilized 300F. Pecan woodchips underneath charcoal for little more smoke. Got my finger crossed.
    Above were a couple of posts on the Thanksgiving thread the previous year. It will give you a idea on how it all came to be last year. Wouldn't hurt to review if you want, a lot of good info from everyone.

Last years temps 300F for 4 to 5 hrs. I'm shooting for about 225 F 12 to 16 hrs this year. My oven was a lot hotter last year. A all new experience this year, might have to stoke the coals towards the end to crisp thing up.

If you all want we can continue our discussion on that thread, and get the turkey talk started again.

My mouth is watering already
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Just a little creation the daughter and I whipped up this evening. Don't know what you would call it but it was scrumptious. Bread filling was Tuscan grilled chicken with mushrooms and onions along with broccoli, assorted cheeses and herbs with a butter garlic parmesan topping.
      Last edited by kbartman; 12-18-2014, 06:50 AM.
      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Its was great having the daughter home from her college life. She helped inspired some awesome creations while she was home..........One of the perk's of having the WFO is great family time creating in the kitchen..........Last night before she headed back to her college home town, we threw together a clam and mussels marinara sauce, along with our dinner bread which she insisted on braiding.

Bread Recipe:
        1 cup very warm water
        1 packet of dry yeast
        2 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
        1 Tbsp. sugar
        Mix and allow the above to proof about 10 mins.

2 1/2 cups flour
        1 tsp. salt
        1/4 cup of grated parmesan
        1/2 cup mozzarella
        Added herbs to your liking.

Combine in large mixing bowl then slowly stir in the proofed yeast mixture creating a dough ball in center of bowl as you stir. Turn onto floured surface
        knead about 10 min. into dough ball place in grease bowl covered allow to raise a while, then cut ball into six pieces and roll into snakes. Braid to liking and place on wooden peal dusted with flour and corn mill cover with towel allow to raise a while. Place In WFO about 400F Misted oven with spray bottle cook to internal temp about 212 F

It turned out wonderful for her first time.
        Last edited by kbartman; 12-19-2014, 08:11 AM.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Looks tasty! Id put that in the Stromboli category.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Ok stromboli it is....thanks.... tasty it was
            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Ok stromboli it is....thanks.... tasty it was
              Hehehe....
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	306998
              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
              John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
              X