David Chang's Bo Ssam Pork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Chang's Bo Ssam Pork!

I just posted my rendition of David Chang's Bo Ssam pork recipe on Pizza Quest.

Here's the link:

Wood Fired Bo Ssam Miracle

I have been wanting to try a long roast like this for a while. It came out great! I won't elaborate here because it's all in the link above. I will say that I think I got lucky getting the Primavera heated up and resting at 300 degrees so easily. I really just went by instinct starting with a small fire and then figuring out when was long enough to back off the fire and starting to try to stabilize the general oven heat at around 300 degrees.

My remote thermometer had just broken and I was busy with my daughter's soccer and doing other things while this 6 hour roast was going on, so I just rolled with it - sort of trusting that the 6 hours would be ok.

In the end, the top inch of the pork was a "little" dry. I think it could have been pulled out about 30-45 minutes earlier. There would have been enough finishing time as it rested under foil and then the final trip into the hot oven to caramelize the sugar and salt on top for about 15 minutes at 550 degrees.

Anyway, this was my first run at this amazing meal. I've done this several times in my home oven and this was the first in the Primavera. I will definitely be doing this again! It's my longest roast in the WFO so far and it was a great success!

Re: David Chang's Bo Ssam Pork!

Looks good on the recipe page, you have any pictures?
    Where can I find logs? I need more!
    Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

I do have a ton of pictures over at Pizza Quest in the linked article. I'll try to load them and post a few over here as well.

https://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaques...m-miracle.html

Comment

Sorry for the delay! Here are some photos?

Comment

A few of the sides and sauces! Please try this and share what you learned. This is such a great meal that is delicious and fun to eat!

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X