Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graham's Grub

Hello Graham

The steak looks great. Does the skillet go down on the oven floor?

Thanks for the butter tip. I think I will try that next week.

Your meals always look so neatly plated.

David

Comment

Re: Graham's Grub

Yes DavidApp,

The skillet went on the WFO oven floor, was at 250C with the walls much higher!

Thank you for the comment on the plating, to be honest...by the time I got to plating I just poured the mash onto the plate and placed the steak on top.

I was in a rush to eat and go and pick my son up from a rugby end of season meal!

Graham

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
      Hello Graham

The steak looks great. Does the skillet go down on the oven floor?

Thanks for the butter tip. I think I will try that next week.

Your meals always look so neatly plated.

David
      Where can I find logs? I need more!
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Easter Weekend.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but….when you are busy cooking and forget to take them it’s awkward!

Had the family over for a meal on Easter Sunday, we usually do lamb and chicken and all the sides, this time we did it different which I think helped reduce the cooking time and resulted in the best cooked lamb and chicken I’ve ever done.
        Lamb.

Normally we cook this on the bone, this year I butterflied the lamb and removed the bone. Then cut pockets for garlic and Thyme and then put it in a sealed bag in the fridge overnight.

The cooking instructions on the packet (as a guide), said 6 minutes for rare and 8 minutes per 100g for well done, so knowing the varied heat of the WFO, I opted for the 8 minutes and calculated the lamb had to be cooked for 2 hours – usually with bone in, it took 4 hours!
        I put the lamb on to the rack in a roasting tray, covered with foil and cooked for 1 hour. Then I removed the foil and cooled the lamb, turning it over after 30 minutes to cook both sides. It was done perfectly!

Chicken.

We normally do beer can chicken, this year I just put the chicken in a foil tray, sprinkled with seasoning and covered with foil, again this went in for 2 hours. After 1 hour, I took the foil off and thought it was not cooked, it was do pale in colour! So rotated it every 15 minutes for the last hour, turning the chicken over completely, so the bottom of the chicken as facing the top of the WFO. After the 2 hours, used a sharp knife to see if the juices run clear and they did, the skin had coloured up too at this stage.

Covered both with foil for 10 minutes and went indoors to see how the sides are coming along.

Both the lamb and chicken had been cooked to perfection, with the chicken being juicy as if it had been cooked with a beer can! Total delight and surprise.

By the time I remembered, the chicken and lamb had been devoured with only a few pieces left.
        Where can I find logs? I need more!
        Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Graham,

That sounds like a spread that will be repeated. Ya promise to get some pics, then? .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
          X