Rustic dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustic dinner

My dad likes homemade bread, I made the bread from tan flour made locally from the wheat we harvested last year from our farms. We plant wheat every year, and this is one of the traditions of our family. This bread smells and tastes very nice, besides is roasted potato and three dishes of tabbouleh that isn't eaten by a spoon. Rather, It is eaten by lettuce. All made in a rustic oven and eaten on a rustic "table".

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140424107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	320471Click image for larger version

Name:	20140424108.jpg
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	320472Click image for larger version

Name:	20140424109.jpg
Size:	770.8 KB
ID:	320473
    Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
    I forgot who said that.

Re: Rustic dinner

Very nice looking comfort food.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Looks like good times and happy bellies
      Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Thanks Utahbeehiver and V-wiz for the kind words. I'm glad you like it.
        I forgot who said that.

Comment

The bread looks delicious. I'm getting hungry just looking at the whole meal.

Comment

Thank you brianventura for being interested in the meal, I wish I can share it with those who like it. Being talking over the seas, I can just give a simple recipe:

The bread:
            6:1:3.5 tan local flour:zero flour:water, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, yeast. Then rest until it doubles in size, then to the oven. The small loaves are made by forming the dough in the shape of 4 mm thick discs. that are left to rest for a few minutes, then once they enter the oven they inflate like a balloon with an empty inside that can be later stuffed or left empty to enjoy the good taste of out of the farm wheat.

The roasted potato:
            Potato, a small chopped onion, chopped lamb meat, a little bit of olive oil, a cup of water, salt, pepper. Mix all, then to the oven.

The tabbouleh:
            Bulgur (dried cracked wheat), parsley, tomato, a small finely chopped onion, one smashed clove of garlic, salt, olive oil, lemon juice. Mix them all up, then put lettuce first on the serving dish (for garnishing) then fill with the salad. Tabbouleh is eaten by lettuce leaves to make it more organic. The flavor doubles that when eaten by a spoon.
            Last edited by v12spirit; 04-28-2014, 11:30 PM.
            I forgot who said that.

Comment

Originally posted by v12spirit View Post
              My dad likes homemade bread, I made the bread from tan flour made locally from the wheat we harvested last year from our farms. We plant wheat every year, and this is one of the traditions of our family. This bread smells and tastes very nice, besides is roasted potato and three dishes of tabbouleh that isn't eaten by a spoon. Rather, It is eaten by lettuce. All made in a rustic oven and eaten on a rustic "table".

[ATTACH]42285[/ATTACH][ATTACH]42286[/ATTACH][ATTACH]42287[/ATTACH]

Every dish looks great, I wish you could email a sample of all of it to me .
              Last edited by hodgey1; 09-18-2014, 09:36 AM.
              Chris

Link to my photo album:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Working...
              X