Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else cooked pizza on Christmas Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else cooked pizza on Christmas Day?

Just wondered if I was the only one to have done this!

Re: Anyone else cooked pizza on Christmas Day?

Did it have turkey or ham on it?

Comment

Ham and mushroom

And also goats' cheese and shallot for the Mrs (who is vegetarian).
      Last edited by cleverdick; 12-26-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Yes I did.It was a NY Pizza. Baked in my brick oven. It had the perfect ratio of toppings, sauce. The best part of it was its crust so crispy and well bake. Here I like to share recipe of it.

Comment

No, but I cooked pizza on Christmas eve so the oven was hot for cooking Christmas dinner. We did a turkey, glazed ham, lamb leg and roast vegetables just using the residual heat from 3 pizzas on Christmas eve.

We are cooking pizza for about 15 to 20 people on new years eve. I'm actually sitting out by my pizza oven right now tweaking my lighting whilst taste testing the champagne we plan to drink tomorrow night. It's a tough job but....
          Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

We cook the full English Christmas dinner in ours!
            Where can I find logs? I need more!
            Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

I think a whole turkey would completely fill my oven, leaving no room for anything else!

That's an incredible project you have going there. And maybe not too far from me.... (Therefore, let me know when the WFO is completed!)

Rich
              Last edited by cleverdick; 01-18-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Rich,

The WFO was a kit from a company in Preston who Jamie Oliver bought out - then ramped the price up. We moved from Lancashire to Cambridgeshire and was told to take delivery as it's safety could not be guaranteed!

The WFO will take 8 x 12" pizzas at once - insanity if you ask me, I have enough trouble with 2!!

We get a decent size turkey in there, stuffing balls, roast pots and daughnoiuse potatoes. I have a couple of wire racks I use to stack stuff up inside the WFO!

We've cooked all sorts in the WFO - check out my post under 'What You Cooked Last Night'. We have cooked everything from pizza, steak, chicken, prawns to venison.

When the barn is completed, we will have a pizza party and i will send you an invite!
                Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Ah yes - Orchard Ovens I believe (I see yours is a Valoriani; I didn't realise J.O. was the UK importer). You are quite right, some of these guys charge waaay too much, which is why in my case I had no choice but to deal direct with the manufacturer in the South of France.

My oven is probably the smallest on the market (2' internal diameter!) but I could fit in two 10" pizzas at a push. I've been finding, actually, that it's easier to handle a larger pizza, as the really small ones just don't have the inertia to stay put on the cooking floor whilst you slide the peel under. As I've said on here before, possibly the best pizza I've ever had was at Ljubljanski Dvor in Ljubljana, Slovenia, where they were 2' wide!

Certainly had good results with roast potatoes, sausages and veggies, but haven't risked a full roast.

If you are still in the market for logs, I get mine from a guy in Rettendon, just south of Chelmsford. (He's on the web and not hard to find). Not sure he'd want to go quite as far as Cambs, but no harm in asking, I guess.

Well, good luck with your house build and I look forward to sampling your pizza one day!

All the best,

Rich

Comment

Rich, Orchard Ovens is back up and operating under a different name, after a fall out with JO! I know this because I had to contact them to prove ownership of the WFO, new neighbour claimed it was his!

Anyway, long story short 3 months on and OO cannot provide anything legally as I am in JO's database of customers, contacted JO and they tell me to contact Orchard Oven.

After getting the run around from JO, who you'd think would want to keep his customers happy, I found the details the architect created for the base, that was enough.

Orchard Ovens are now the only Valoriani importer in the UK as JO has gone down the cheap supply route, sourcing from Asia, but his prices have not dropped.

1 disgruntled JO customer.

Happy cooking.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by cleverdick View Post
                      Just wondered if I was the only one to have done this!
                      Yes, I cooked 26 pizza over 2 sessions - my side of the family for lunch and my wife's for dinner - it was a nice change from the traditional roasts etc
                      Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Not this year, too hot, but I did serve up pizza for Christmas Lunch about 4 years ago. Just one course of many, and I did them under the griller (broiler) since it is far too dangerous to fire the wood oven at Christmas in Oz.

Comment

Working...
                        X