Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend cooking

Did some cooking this weekend.
    Saturday night cooked some Pita bread and then tried out my Tuscan grill with chicken breasts. Both were very good. The Tuscan grill was easy to move around the oven on the rounded bolt heads.
    Closed up the oven about 10.30 pm with the Dome at 740 and the hearth at 720.
    Sunday morning I had some Artisan bread to bake. The oven was 490 in the dome and 460 on the hearth. After the bread was done I put a Beef Roast at 10.30 am and some potatoes at 11.00 am. They were done at about 12.30. The beef came out about 30 minutes before the potatoes.
    After lunch my wife made some peanut butter cookies. These went into the oven at 400 dome and 350 hearth.
    Finally about 8.00 pm I put some of my wife's bread in the oven.
    It is still at 380 in the dome and 330 on the hearth.

David

Re: Weekend cooking

The rest of the photos.

Comment

Looks soooooo good!
      Where can I find logs? I need more!
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Hello Graham

Thank you. It tasted real good and the smell that comes out of the oven when you open the door is amazing.
        I have cooked another roast and enjoyed the dripping that came off the meat Also cooked some spare ribs that fell off the bone.

I get a lot of my wood along the roadside. I saw this load outside a house, stopped and enquired about it. They said if I wanted it to haul it off.
        Free wood is the best wood.

David

Comment

I can't master bread...tried twice first attempt incineration! 2nd attempt OK.

I tried collecting wood from the roadside in the UK and the guy said I could have it for ?150! I could get double the amount for that sort of money...proves people in the US are more friendly than in the UK.
          Where can I find logs? I need more!
          Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Hello Graham

Not always. The guy down the road has a tree cut down that he said he is going to use as firewood. I think it will rot before he moves it.
            When I stopped to ask about my last haul they said how much would I pay. I said nothing I am just offering to remove it. As they would have to pay to have it cleared up I suppose they thought that they were ahead on the deal. We both benefited from it.

I usually put my bread in with the walls and dome in the 450 range. I have smoked some bread when the hearth was too hot.

David

Comment

Cooked a cake today with the heat left over from last nights cooking. Pita and Chicken.

Boston Butt tomorrow.

David

Comment

Working...
              X