4th of July pizzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July pizzas

I cooked my first pizzas in my oven tonight, we did 16 pizzas for 14 people. I did 250g crusts and a variety of toppings..but mainly a garlic, pepperoni mix as that is a personal favorite. The pizzas were fantastic and I can see that the oven will be getting much use.
    I was a bit concerned as I have been curing the oven and had not cooked anything so I thought I was a bit aggresive in trying a party for the "maiden voyage". I started my fire about 2.5 hours early and it was a thrill to watch the walls go white. It was 108 degrees in the backyard this afternoon and my wife thought I was crazy to sit in front of the oven for that long watching the fire as the temp was creeping higher and higher, but there was almost nothing else in the world that I would have rather been doing.

Re: 4th of July pizzas

How low is Folsom reservoire?

Comment

I also cooked in my oven for the first time on the 4th. I was so excited I didnt let the oven get as hot as I should have. The fire slowed down after I pushed the coals over. It took about 5 minutes to cook each pizza. I have 4 dough balls left so I will do it again today. This time I will be sure to get the oven hot. Can you tell me who built your oven?

Comment

jengineer - fortunatly I work from home so I no longer have to commute past the Folsom reservoir, but the last time I looked (a few months ago) it was lower than I had seen in years, and with the heat we have been having I can only imagine it is even getting lower.
        nyknicks - I built it myself. I still need to finish the enclosure and such, but the oven is functional!

Comment

Working...
        X