• Kiss The Summer Good-Bye BBQ

And Potluck

Saturday was the 7th Annual KTSG BBQ

I cooked 15 pounds of pork ribs
    12 pounds of hot links
    13 pounds of yard bird
    5 pounds of sirloin
    1 pound of tube steaks

Sorry no WFO. The brick bbq is from a Sunset Magazine called "The Dollar BBQ" circa 1950's. I could have done the same thing with a wheelbarrow, also from Sunset Magazine, but my wheelbarrow is made of plastic not steel! the 30,000 pounds of brick (this is a little less than 1/2) will make up a walkway next to the house sometime in the near future.

Pics are wings and Mr. T testing the hot links

Re: Kiss The Summer Good-Bye BBQ

Porky the pig and a 3 meter flag that gets flown outside

Comment

JE,

Sorry I missed it--again. Next year? Don't know. Hey, whaddya gonna do with all dem bricks?

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Dem Bricks is a landscraping project. Any leftovers will be a WFO project! The backyard slopes into the house. I will scrape out the grass from the house 6 feet out, dig down about 4 inches, properly grade it, drop in a french drain, compact it, line it to keep weeds from growing, add in 1 inch of sand compact that and then lay down a heringbone pattern. Finally I will get to build my oven. Oh and in about 8 years or less the wife wants to build a 2nd story so all the bricks get removed for the construction phase. Nice eh? all this work is manual as a bobcat cannot get into the yard.

Also there is an open invite to our Annual KTSG-BBQ. It happens on the first Sat of October
        Last edited by jengineer; 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X