Pizza with a Napolitano Pizzaiolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza with a Napolitano Pizzaiolo

Ok guys i thought id post yesterdays big lunch we had.

I didnt take any photos of the fish fillets, barbecued calamari, sea scallop and lobster mornay dishes that we prepared (ill leave that to another day). But yesterday i had the privilege to learn off a napolitano pizzaiolo (pizza maker from Naples Italy)

It was fantastic indeed as i know people pay good money to learn from top pizza makers.

click on the pics to enlarge

Here he is in action (with my dad in the background trying to look like he's doing something 8) )

1 of the pizzas ready to go in the oven

Finally the pizzas cooking real fast. We ended up turning over around 12 pizzas in about 20min.

Unfortunately i didnt end taking a pic of the finished product because as soon as it left the oven people were eating it plus Carlo (the pizza man) was hurrying me to prepare the next pizza (taking too slow to prepare it ruins it as the sauce makes the dough sag).

I learnt alot including dough preparation (which is what i wanted to learn the most), use of the WFO and the amount of fire/flame to keep etc.. and a whole lot of other goodies.

Anywayz a great day nevertheless
    Regards
    Adrian

Re: Pizza with a Napolitano Pizzaiolo

Ageo....I also had an opportunity recently in hosting a pizzaiolo and what an awesome experience! We alos learned some great tips on dough making, pizza assembling and fire management. It truly was worth the money as according to the pizzaiolo, we are now making pizza's worthy of being served in Napoli!! I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance.

Comment

Yep it is worth it, i must mention thow that the ingredients we had was all we could get on the day. Basically the main thing i wanted to learn was dough preperation and heat management as you mentioned.
      Regards
      Adrian

Comment

Wow... what a cool experience. Is that a slab of polished marble or granite I see? Also, what kind of cheese is he putting on that pizza? It looks a bit yellow to me... like there's some cheddar in there.

Great pix...

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
          Wow... what a cool experience. Is that a slab of polished marble or granite I see? Also, what kind of cheese is he putting on that pizza? It looks a bit yellow to me... like there's some cheddar in there.

Great pix...
          Momo, that is granite my dad got for free (offcuts from the job site). The mozzarella is just the simple packet 1 from the supermarket and it still tasted great. I have since tried better mozzarella and buffalo also which have been sensational.
          Regards
          Adrian

Comment

Working...
          X