WFO banquet for four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WFO banquet for four

First comes the wild boar..........marinaded for 2 days as normal but cooked in a barbeque sauce this time after a couple of hours coated in Hickory Smoke.....probably what you would call liquid smoke. 3 hours cooking and it was fantastic

Click image for larger version

Name:	All ready 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	312753

Next is Vertical chicken and garlic mushrooms. First time with the chicken but certainly not the last

Name:	All ready 008.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	312754

Left to right ......chilli beef, cherry tomatoes and rosemary drizzled with garlic EVOO, smoked kabanossi sausage pancetta borlotti beans rosemary and sage, haricot beans and red peppers.

Name:	All ready 019.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	312755

Terracotta pot was mixed veggies, sealed round the lid with flour/water paste to keep in the flavour

Name:	All ready 021.jpg
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	312756

Re: WFO banquet for four

Boar was cooked on a wire rack because I was concerned about the tomato based sauce burning if the roaster was sitting on the floor.

Name:	Cooking with wood 001.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	270151

Almost ready.......Garlic bread in the foreground. I was going to rename this picture 'are you sitting comfortably' becaust the chicken reminds me of somebody getting warm in front of the fire.......

Name:	Cooking with wood 004.jpg
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	270152

All was not smooth sailing. The weather turned a tad inclement. We are made of stern stuff us FB WFO addicts. Oven is to the top left.

Name:	It's raining 005.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	270153

Was it worth the effort............you betcha...........

Name:	Delicious 001.jpg
Size:	963.6 KB
ID:	270154

Comment

Wow! Sure looks tastey, wish I waas there in spite of the rain.
      Chuck

Comment

WOW, great spread, The bean dishes look like they would be great out of the oven. The chicken and boar look perfectly done.

Comment

... that must have taken a great deal of coordination - looks fantstic!

Actually it looks as if you were trying to feed 40 people, not 4. Or was that a typo?
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Yummmm! It all looks wonderful - bet it was delicious. I haven't had my lunch yet and now I'm positively starving!

That's a great-looking terracotta pot and what a great idea to seal it with the flour & water paste - I'll have to remember that trick. Thanks!

Comment

Inish, what was the marinade for the boar?
              What a deadly spread!

Comment

Jeff,
                Deadly spread? Sounds like .....naaa, never mind
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Thanks to all for the kind comments all encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Frances, the coordination is just the same as your meals and bread. It gets better as I get to learn how the oven performs. And your right about the numbers, too much food........the chicken was a step too far.........Waynebergmans vertical chicken picture on site that morning triggered a 'need to know'. Curiosity is satisfied in spades and no food is wasted in our house (problem is getting the house guests to go home)

Jeff, I'll put up a seperate post on the marinade for the boar.

Comment

BTW Inishta,
                    Great looking pool, despite the rain. Looks like a great home you've set up there.

Any progress on the San Marzano Tomoatoes? I hadn't planned on even trying, but I saw seeds in the store the other day and I have a cold frame, (miniture greenhouse) to grow them in over the summer, so, for a buck-and-a-half, I figured, what the heck! I've failed before....the worst I end up with is so-so Roma Tomoatoes.

Good pics! Love to see the rest of the house.
                    G.
                    GJBingham

-

Comment

George.
                      Pretty flamin thoughtless on my part eh Sal.( 'N that's another clue as to my final rank of Private).
                      Mate, sometimes I feel embarrassed, but seldom envious: although I did cast a lustfull eye upon the images of Fethiye.
                      Uncle Inish lives well in a wonderful spot, I'd reckon.
                      Youse mob are Top Shelf: I stand back in awe.
                      Enjoy the coming of Spring up there in the 'Second Hemisphere'.
                      Laugh big mobs eh, tru.
                      teach.

Comment

Sorry Inish.
                        GJB's implied comment threw me. (I should have thought, eh).
                        Mate, if it needs a seperate thread, it may well be too tough for me, but appreciate a bo-peep anyway. After all, custom-made currys are to die for, yes? Goat in particular. 'Gulai Kambing Madura'. Swoon.
                        You mob would have goat as a staple? Australia is just waking up to it, and pricing to match.
                        Best I stop.Stay safe you lot. ('n no salmonella thank you GJB).
                        teach.

Comment

Hi teach,

Now that would be a recipe I'd love to try in the WFO. We have a lot of goats here but the recipes are pretty unimaginative. Indonesian cooking is a bit of a mystery to me. Help needed!

Comment

Welcome back Jeffy. Good to read your ramblings again. Another good grin on this end.

I'm intrigued with the goat curry idea. Hmmm... where can I find a goat around here? There was one in the paper a couple of days ago, babe still on the bottle - $100. I could just put it to pasture in the neighbors flowers and be cookin' curry by next winter.
                            GJBingham

-

Comment

George,
                              $100 is up there with breeding prices:just kidnap the little darling.
                              Mate, will not only renovate said flower bed, but will prune all vegetation to an astounding height, Plus remodel all horizontal surfaces of unattended cars.

Inish, that surprises me. I thought Turkey would have hosted big mobs of delicious goat. Shows my ignorance, eh.
                              Mate, I'll try a short-cut message after this: when that fails, I'll go long-hand, eh.
                              (Actually GJB, I think I heard that top bucks are pulling up to A$40,000 here.Meat breeds, I think, but don't know. Many of our ferals have good cashmere yield. Probably Afghan lineage.)
                              Strange world.
                              teach.

Comment

Working...
                              X