WFO banquet for four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WFO banquet for four

Fellers: give me a bogged ute: give me a busted tucker box: or wood that's too wet to burn, and we'll find a way, no sweat: just follow the logic.

This flamin Internet junk is pure crap. I've nigh-on had a heart attack trying to post a simple flamin image. So send me a nine year old, (sex doesn't matter, but stats favour boys, apparently).
    Nonono, i'm not a peddlefillier, I'm a flamin LUDDITE! Want me to spell it??
    Crikey.
    Anyway, all is well, I trust.
    Any queries on the goat stew, feel free to ask; I shall ignore all questions, of course.
    Inish, sweating on the pig bath eh. (Probly posted already, but I missed it; flamin luddites do that, you know).
    teach: the Idiot.

Comment

Indeed, all is Not well.
      No image.
      To misquote Frances:
      Dear oh dear oh dear.
      One last shot. Tru.

Comment

Goats eh. Well here's the Billy.

Comment

For anyone dedicated enough to still be reading, my personal annotations re goat follow: would Love to get advice/feedback from people who cook really good goat.
          OK, my comments on a divine dish:
          Chillies. Naming is always a problem. Use those long, skinny buggers; some are hot, some are not. Can't tell. Lovely earthy flavour though.
          "Kemiri" = candlenuts. Close rellie of Queensland nuts. (You mob know'em as Macadamia nuts I s'pose). Sigh. But I digress.
          Terasi=belachan=divorce, mate, and no bed-hopping needed. Fermented shrimp. Very distinct olfactory signature at first, but enhances some meals like MSG could only aspire to. Wrap in foil and toast outside. If your relationship is already in tatters, ignore previous sentence. It's now d e d.
          Next was Daun salam. Bay leaves are no subs, eh. Curry leaves would work OK I reckon. Don't sweat on that one.
          Just 3 final points.
          1. Dry-roast all seeds and similar(nutmeg, cinnamon 'n such.)Then run-em through a coffee grinder. (Use yer noggin with seed-size, or you'll scorch the littlies, eh.)
          2.Crushing onion'n chilli.
          Just chuck it in the blender, eh. Too easy.
          Bullshit.
          Not a shadow of the flavour that comes from using a mortar'n pestle.
          Have no idea why, but the character is totally different. You lot run a double-blind test, and tell me I'm a mug: I'll drink to being wrong for the first time ever.
          (Yet again).
          3. They say not to use the goat stock. I suspect that that may come from the potential for contaminants to corrupt the tucker: I would dearly love clarification on that one, 'cause I use the old water, eh.
          (Maybe that explains the tic in me right eye,eye,aye).
          Inish, I reckon you've played me for a goose. Mate, your mob would have to trash Indonesians when it comes to goat: so how do the locals serve'em up?
          All in derelict ribbing, eh. (Sooo, Pig Bath?)
          I stop.
          teach.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
            Inish, sweating on the pig bath eh. (Probly posted already, but I missed it; flamin luddites do that, you know).
            You're right .......as always teach/luddite.................

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f12/...nade-3522.html

Comment

Great post Jeff. I used the internet translator for tucker - nothing about goats and cookin, unless you're tired out.
              Keep teachin' mate! Give Jess a bone for me.
              GJBingham
              -----------------------------------
              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post

Inish, that surprises me. I thought Turkey would have hosted big mobs of delicious goat.
                teach.

teach.............I kid (no pun intended) you not! There are lots and lots and lots of goats about and no goat on the menu anywhere.

Those of a nervous disposition stop reading now............

Every year there is a muslim festival called Kurban Bayram (Festival of Sacrifice) Eid-el Ahda in Arabic. There is an obligation on families that can afford it to kill an animal on the first day. One third of the meat is eaten with relatives/friends, one third is given to the poor and the remaining third kept to be eaten later. I live in a village with only the 2 foreign households and every year there are hundreds of goats for sale at the local market. There is a real possibility of being run over by a goat as the prefered method of delivery to car/trailer is to pick them up by the back legs and run them around like a wheelbarrow. Apparently they do not wish to cooperate in their demise. But I digress. The point of this story is that although there are lots of goats there is never (in this area anyway) goat meat in butchers nor goat meat on the menu in restaurants. It can be bought privately and that is how I get mine. I have been to a restaurant about thirty miles away, up in the mountains, where all they serve is goat but at the time the 'better half' was not wont to linger as there was a paddock full of goats, a shed and a kitchen all in close proximity.

Clearly more research needed..............they must make more use of these animals than the delicious goats cheeses in the markets.

As an aside, the best goat I ever ate was in Jamaica.

Comment

Inish,
                  Interesting how same is different.
                  Javanese Muslims run goats toward the end of Ramadan, but without the Wheel-barrow method.So same basic rituals, yes?
                  Goat and chook were the staples in our village.
                  Beef was available, but Oh Lord! Forget it. (Slaughtered 2hr before sunrise, and still twitching).
                  Mate, the Ladies at the local "meatery" would kack themselves whenever this londo turned up. But all good for a giggle, eh.
                  Goat cheese? Did not exist.
                  Weird, isn't it, how resources are used.
                  Indonesians use mass-balances and buffalo power, while their equivalents in Viet Nam use spring balances and diesel power.
                  One life is not enough Inish.
                  Gently eh.
                  teach.

Comment

Working...
                  X