The pilaf (for the Russian for - плов[plov]). Step by step instruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pilaf (for the Russian for - плов[plov]). Step by step instruction

I have finished my outdoor kitchen. http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...deration/page4 . Now I want to talk about their favorite dishes that I cook in my new oven. I really love the pilaf, this dish comes to us from Asia. They have not the opportunity to carry a large number of dishes and they invented a universal dish - the cazan (казан). The heavy, the specific heat capacity of iron. It is possible and to cook and fry. Traditional pilaf cooked from lamb.But it may be made from any meat. I'll tell you about my favorite Chicken pilaf.
    Step 1
    Chicken marinated in a mixture of black pepper, salt and garlic. You can use other meat, lamb, beef, pork. With a set of suitable spices.

Step 2 Heated with fat from the chicken. It can be fat from a lamb or a pig ...

Step 3
    I've added sunflower oil. You can use only sunflower oil. Or another vegetable oil is intended for frying.
    Fry the meat. Meat took off.

Last edited by valentin; 09-28-2015, 11:12 PM.

Step 4
    Fry the onion fo this condition

Step 5
    Steamed, and then a little bit browned carrots.

Step 6

Returned meat. Refilled boiling water. Add sаlt.

Comment

Step 7

And boiled it for half an hour. Left rice soaked in salted boiling water.

Step 8

Rice soaked in salted boiling water (30 ... 40 minutes), put on top. Sprinkle with ground coriander and berries of barberry.
      Last edited by valentin; 09-28-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Step 9

I poured boiling water on a 25 mm (1 inch) above the rice. On high heat evaporate the water.

On high heat evaporate the water.

Step 10

I make a small fire under a kazan and covered it with a lid. An hour later, rice absorbed water. At the same time made coffee

Comment

Step 11

Pilaf is ready.

Step 12
          Pilaf laid on a dish.

Comment

Looks like great comfort food..
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

UtahBeehiver, thanks!

Pilaf is not a recipe, it is technology. It can be prepared from any meat, including fish and any cereals. The most commonly used rice, chickpeas, but you can use buckwheat, pearl barley. To prepare the pilaf is not necessary in cazan, and a wood-burning oven.
              But to cook pilaf so it is very convenient! If interested I can tell you how to cook pilav on a gas or electric stove without cazan.

Comment

In my very localized area of the southern US, we have a dish called Jambalaya. It is/was also made with what ever meat that is/was available. I have eaten it made with just about every meat local to our area. The younger generation probably would not like the the thought of it but, squirrel jambalaya is delicious. When reading your post, I could not help, but to see the similarities. I did a google search for both Pilaf and Jambalaya. Though, the seasonings differ a lot, they have a common history. It's a small world .

Thanks for posting this.
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

For my mind, jambalaya is analogous, or a copy of a Spanish dish paella, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella, which in the english for means the pan. Rice grains stick together there, like in porridge or rizzoto. At least in those dishes that I've tried in Spain and Italy. In the pilaf the rice grains separated. If a grain of rice pilaf in a stick, it scornfully called rice porridge with meat ;-) To prevent adhesion of grains of rice in pilaf first soaked in hot water (Step 7), the starch remains in the water, and then impregnated with oil (step 9), and then impregnated with steam (step 10).
                  Last edited by valentin; 09-17-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Valentin and Gulf,

Pilaf/Jambalaya/Paella all greats foods from around the world. I eat them all. You know the saying " Never trust a skinny cook".

Gulf, squirrel jambalaya, time to repost the pic.how big these critters get in your neck of the woods.
                    Russell
                    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                      Valentin and Gulf,

Pilaf/Jambalaya/Paella all greats foods from around the world. I eat them all. You know the saying " Never trust a skinny cook".

Gulf, squirrel jambalaya, time to repost the pic.how big these critters get in your neck of the woods.

Not until somebody calls this delicacy a "tree rat" .
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Got to get a big cast iron pot.
                        Looks like that would do well in a cooling oven. 400 degree and down.

David

Comment

Looks very good, also like an Indian Biryani but without the saffron yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by valentin View Post
                            For my mind, jambalaya is analogous, or a copy of a Spanish dish paella, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella, which in the english for means the pan. Rice grains stick together there, like in porridge or rizzoto. At least in those dishes that I've tried in Spain and Italy. In the pilaf the rice grains separated. If a grain of rice pilaf in a stick, it scornfully called rice porridge with meat ;-) To prevent adhesion of grains of rice in pilaf first soaked in hot water (Step 7), the starch remains in the water, and then impregnated with oil (step 9), and then impregnated with steam (step 10).
                            G'day
                            I think valiantin is correct.
                            I'm sure it's in the treatment of the grains.
                            Saffron is used in palella at least in the one around here at the local markets.
                            What makes the Indian dishes so different is the length of the grain. It must be 3 times the length of a "normal" long grain rice.
                            The art to cooking these type of dishes is certainly a practiced one.
                            But really with any cooking. You love to cook to see someone love to eat.
                            Regards dave
                            Measure twice
                            Cut once
                            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                            My Door
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
                            X