Pizza for for 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza for for 11

This is 24-hour notice for what we cooked last night. We have two sets of neighbors, plus kids (do you still call high school girls kids?), so I am making pizza for 11.

I'm making 3 batches of 1kg Caputo recipes (that's three blue bags), with each one making 6 dough balls. That is 1,000 g flour, 625 g water, salt and yeast, giving me 275 g dough balls. Just right.

18 dough balls will do one nice pizza per person, plus dessert pizzas. I'm also going to try making tarts with puff pastry.

We have nutella, creme fraiche, and fresh berries.

I might try Peter's dessert recipe with a thick pizza base, mascarpone, pine nuts, powdered sugar, and fresh berries.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f13/...rpone-833.html

Wish me luck,
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Pizza for for 11

Originally posted by james View Post
    Wish me luck,
    James
    Okay... good luck! Sounds yummy.

Comment

A quick note, and more later. Everything was a lot of fun. The pizzas were excellent, the oven held it's heat and our dinner guests were great. It's late and all it well. :-)

I made 250gr dough balls, and next time I am going for 280gr. The pizzas could use a little more muscle.

That, and the oven was too hot for puff pastry for dessert. More to come on that.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Its probably just right for the pastry this morning. Did you use the fireplace too? I't be a cool pic of both the oven and the fireplace burning at night!
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Morning George,

We didn't light the fireplace. Should have done that - we did buy a propane space heater; which is going to get a lot of use. It's cold here. Still, it was a beautiful evening, we watched the sun set from our side porch (above the oven) and the wind and fog didn't kick up -- I think this augers well for the future. The ancient Romans believes in signs, so I think this was a good sign.

Here is a photo of one of the kid's pizzas. Check out that blister. :-)

James
          Last edited by james; 04-27-2008, 11:08 AM.
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Gorgeous mozzarella on that pizza. Looks wonderful. I did pepperoni with Monterey Jack instead of Mozzarella this weekend. It was wonderful!

I love those propane space heaters that they use in outdoor restaraunts. So warm and cozy right at your table! If I was entertaining with any frequency, I would do the same. For now, I just yell at the kids to put on sweaters.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
            X