First meal from WFO in Calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First meal from WFO in Calgary

After progressing through some of the curing fires, we finally made the first meal in our oven, Beef roast with potatoes. Cooked around 300-350°F for about 3 hours. Started with it covered in foil for the first hour & a bit, which i think was a mistake as it seemed like it didn't cook very much until the foil came off. Once the foil was off, i was needing to turn it every 5-10 minutes to keep it from drying out.

The result was pretty excellent though!
    David in Calgary
    My Build Thread

We have found the same thing - with the way these ovens cook with radiant heat, foil really retards the cooking. We tend to start our roasts out uncovered till they get nice and brown, then cover for the remainder of the cooking. At first we thought being covered would make the top soggy, but even though it gets nice and steamy in the pan, the top stays nicely browned and tasty. If you like brussel sprouts, you need to cut some in half - drizzle with oil (we use olive) sprinkle a little spices and put in pan in a hot oven. We even like them with a little char on the outside, and sprinkle a little parmesian on them right at the end.
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Second meal in the oven was delicious chicken legs. Frequent turning of the pan and the chicken gave a very nice result.
      David in Calgary
      My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X