Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday night pizza, Sundy night lamb shanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Thank you Gulf! Getting more than one meal out of the heat in the bricks really give me a big thrill!

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Some very nice looking food coming out your oven, Mark! I really love seeing folks showing off the versatilty of their wood fired ovens Keep the food pron coming .

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Here's last night's lamb roast:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201206_192642s.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	433618

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy_W View Post
    The lamb looks delicious! Judging by the photo, the meat was cooked and turned out to be as tender and juicy as possible. But for pizza, I would like more ruddy sides. Although, maybe this is the camera that transmits color.
    Thank you! It turned out great! Our most recent cooking experiment was last night when we did a roasted leg of lamb. That worked out really well too.
    The funny colour of the pizzas is due to the LED exterior lights. They give everything a strange colour tone.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy_W
    replied
    The lamb looks delicious! Judging by the photo, the meat was cooked and turned out to be as tender and juicy as possible. But for pizza, I would like more ruddy sides. Although, maybe this is the camera that transmits color.

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    Originally posted by sergetania View Post
    The lamb shanks look unbelievably delicious!
    Thank you, they were! Next, this Sunday, I plan to do a leg of lamb after pizzas on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• sergetania
    replied
    The lamb shanks look unbelievably delicious!

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    started a topic Saturday night pizza, Sundy night lamb shanks.

Saturday night pizza, Sundy night lamb shanks.

I have now taken delivery of a load of seasoned olive wood. So, Saturday night we had pizza and the fire sure burned good and hot. On Sunday afternoon, we prepped lamb shanks which baked in the oven at around 190degC for about three hours. Yum! (All still using Saturday night's heat!) This was the first time we cooked something the day after making pizzas. This morning, the oven was still at 140degC. If I was organized, we could have done some slow cooking today during the day. And it's only 12degC outside.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201108_141734.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	432575 Click image for larger version  Name:	20201107_204602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.5 KB ID:	432576 Click image for larger version  Name:	20201108_181029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.2 KB ID:	432577 Click image for larger version  Name:	20201108_182053.jpg Views:	0 Size:	306.7 KB ID:	432578
    Last edited by MarkJerling; 11-08-2020, 03:47 PM.
Working...
X