X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Thanks JR,

The original recipe for Oysterss Rockefeller is still a closely guarded secret. But, I guess you could truthfully say that my recipe is in the traditional style of all the reverse engineered copy cats . I've done it copying sevearal diferent recipes over the last few years. All good. The biggest difference in this one from "Rouses" is that I swapped out the spinach for collards left over from a previous cook. If I'm going to call it " redneckefeller", I should serve it with cornbread.. But, the traditional french bread sops up the juices better lol.

I've done this before using muffin pans, great taste but, the presentation doesn't look all that cool to me. They sell stainless steel oyster shells for folks wanting to do this with shucked oysters. But, they are mighty expensive. To get enough of them to serve 4 to 8 people would be a shock to the budget. They also have cast iron oyster pans. But, they are too expensive as well. The little cast iron corn pone pans are something that comes with just about every cast iron gift set. Most Southerners don't use them. (We make cornbread in cast iron skillets) You can find corn pone pans for cheap in flea markets and garage sales down here. I've collected 7 of them so far. 3 of them still need cleaning and curing. I will quit collecting when I get 10 or 12 of them.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Joe, those oysters look awesome! What do you put on them - traditional Rockefeller toppings or is it a custom recipe?

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    started a topic Oysters Redneckefeller

Oysters Redneckefeller

No Shells? No Problem
Working...
X