Coffee Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Beans

We had a beautiful day here in Rhode Island we were out playing in the garden. fired up the WFO currently have some game hens, squash and potaotes in there, however, we started the day off by roasting coffee beans!

We went to the local coffee house purchased some green unroasted beans put them in a cast iron pan - and waited! They pop a bit while roasting you shake them blow on them a bit to remove the husks; that's it. We like STRONG coffee so we let ours get very dark! Ground them up put them in the french press and Yumo!

Yet something else you can use your WFO for!!
    Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Re: Coffee Beans

Wow! I'm so impressed. That sounds divine. Is it easy to get green coffee beans?

Annie
    "It's not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it's because we do not dare that things are difficult." ~ Seneca

Comment

Where I live there are a few places to get the green coffee beans. One is Whole Foods an organic foods market that roasts beans daily and a local coffee shop. I'm sure if you look and ask around you should be able to find some. I wonder if your local tea shop would have some??
      Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

Check online for green coffee beans Annie. Sweetmarias.com and moreflavor.com both sell them in the states. They may ship to Europe too.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Hah, nearest tea-shop???? I may get them on-line though. Sorry, but I live in the middle of nowhere and then some! There is a Whole Foods in London but that's 800 miles away.....

Annie
          "It's not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it's because we do not dare that things are difficult." ~ Seneca

Comment

Working...
          X