Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

A friend gave me a Hitachi 18 volt drill last summer as a gift. I have had nothing but problems with it from day one. The batteries won't hold a charge, the batteries won't stay in the drill (have to use electrical tape or duct tape to secure them in place), the chuck won't stay in the drill position (it keeps popping into the clutch position), the flashlight had a bad bulb (ten dollars to replace...not covered under warranty). The Hitachi drills are a piece of crpa from my opinion. I have a 25 year old 12 volt DeWalt which performs a LOT better than the Hitachi. ....just my opinion...I won't ever purchase a Hitachi battery drill. (Although their cord drills may be fine).
    jon

Comment

I'm talking about an impac driver, no chuck, 6mm 6-sided snap in socket chuck, battery lasts even when in heavy use all day. Set comes with case, 2 batteries, charger, costs $421 wholesale at today's exchange rate.

You must have a very good friend to give such pricy gifts or your talking about a different animal entirely.

I saw tools for sale at HomeDepot a few years ago when I was back home, slide saws, circle saws, cordless tool sets--they were all DIY quality products. They might have had the manufacturer name on them but were definitely different than pro use tools.

The Hitachi impac is streamline design, compact and easy to handle. The USA manufacturered drills were bulky, heavy, and not user friendly like using a Viking sword where a scalpel would be appropriate.

Same goes for trucks: Big puffy bodies, huge engines, suspension that cannot carry a load. Guzzles gas, awkward, need to pull a trailer behind because the truck cannot carry the load.

Even the 1ton units are a joke, look like over-the-road long haul rigs but equally useless!

Bought a new one the last time I was home, ended up returning it under the LEMON LAW! Pile of crap, Chevrolet, engine leaked oil, tires rubbed wheel wells on turning (with stock tires), engine shut down when shifting into reverse, then would not restart! junk, junk, junk!

Comment

Mikku, We are definitely talking about different scale of tools. Sounds like you are talking professional level and i am talking DIY level. I also agree with you about the truck. But then I am not into construction anymore either. retired and loving every minute!!! I am a subaru lover...on my 4th one and each has lasted well over 200,00 miles.
        jon

Comment

My work vehicle is a Toyota HiAce Super GL, rated at 1.25T van. I can load the thing (long body) with tools and materials so that I cannot see out the back and it handles well, doesn't squat, needs only oil changes and filter on regular basis. Now it has 130,000 miles on it and just changed the brake pads for the first time. 3.0 liter diesel gets 25 miles per gallon regularly even with a load. Mileage drops if you are driving over the speed limit on the pay highways though but not by much. This too is my 4th but previous ones I never have driven for so long. Now I am beginning to appreciate a well built vehicle--specially when new ones cost so much.

Fuel consumption is a major concern when diesel sells for $5.20/gal and regular at $5.90/gal. So low maintenance, long lasting vehicles are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by kanoer54 View Post
            A friend gave me a Hitachi 18 volt drill last summer as a gift. I have had nothing but problems with it from day one. The batteries won't hold a charge, the batteries won't stay in the drill (have to use electrical tape or duct tape to secure them in place), the chuck won't stay in the drill position (it keeps popping into the clutch position), the flashlight had a bad bulb (ten dollars to replace...not covered under warranty).
            Kan - I may be going out on a limb here but I think that is why he "gave" it to you
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
              now i am beginning to appreciate a well built vehicle--specially when new ones cost so much.

Fuel consumption is a major concern when diesel sells for $5.20/gal and regular at $5.90/gal. So low maintenance, long lasting vehicles are appreciated.
              +1

[ATTACH]40614[/ATTACH]
              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
              John Ruskin

Comment

Stonecutter, nice pic of your F350 Ford Dually, Last Ford I had was E-350 with largest V-8 they made, dual fuel tanks, think it was something like a 7.8 liter (460cu in) don't remember if it were turbo or not? I used it for work--fully loaded with tools; left the tools in when I drove to car shows and pulled a car carrier behind with sports car inside. Still could pass most vehicles on the road in that configuration. But had to still fill it once a week! With the price of gas, it bit too deep into the pocket book! Last contractor I worked for assigned a 4WD F250 for my work truck. Thing squatted when you put a minor load in back and practically needed a ladder to get into the truck. Plenty of room for a fat ass like me and other healthy young workers tipping 260# each. But I needed hauling capacity not sofa comfort! Ford is still a good truck--but they should take some of the "puff out of the styling" and put more muscle into the 1/2T models that used to be the backbone on construction jobs.. Now you have to buy oversize just to get minimum results! How is the fuel economy?

How's the weather where you are? Raining today here so fiddling around inside to keep from getting cabin fever!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                  +1

[ATTACH]40614[/ATTACH]
                  Nice.....
                  I just updated the headlights on mine (2002 f250), long over due mind.

Im also waiting on some laser cut parts to make a HD bumper, I designed it on Turbocad and if it all works out ok with the angles etc Ill make a roo bar to sit on top of it.
                  Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM.
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.Mine is powered by a hub motor (no transmission) and 48 v of lithium iron batteries. I have regenerative braking and cruise control too. Sits me on 47km/hr without pedalling, had to fit a custom 56 tooth front chainring. Range around 30 km. Took me many hours to build and as you can see still not completed. Superb to ride, the long wheelbase is excellent at high speed.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                      Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.Mine is powered by a hub motor (no transmission) and 48 v of lithium iron batteries. I have regenerative braking and cruise control too. Sits me on 47km/hr without pedalling, had to fit a custom 56 tooth front chainring. Range around 30 km. Took me many hours to build and as you can see still not completed. Superb to ride, the long wheelbase is excellent at high speed.
                      Don't know if battery powered electric is the future.

I would like to see the required battery pack for an 18 wheeler and its cost over a 500,000 mile or more vehicle lifetime!

Finding a method for wireless transmission of electricity (like radio signals)- but over horizons for extremely long distances. Then I think you would be on the right track.

Now electric generation is located near populated areas because of the cost of transmission. Many times, it puts the population at risk, because of the type of generation. The sun has produced all our sources of fuel that we are presently using (maybe with the exception of nuclear). We have to harness what is free for the taking while we still can.

Comment

The thing that will hold electric back is peak lithium will kick in alongside peak oil.
                        Electric bikes will be a good transition for some though.
                        Goat carts are the future

Comment

Why not have the women pull the carts?

Check this out. Charge it from your roof top panels.

How A Tesla Is Made on Devour.com

Comment

Sorry, I should also have added this.
                            Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                              Just to bring the thread back to batteries, here is my ride, you can have your V8's. The future is in electric vehicles.
                              Neat ride David, but I don't think that will out pull my diesel. Electric vehicles won't be the future for contractors anytime in the near future, unless a lot of things change.
                              Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                                Stonecutter, nice pic of your F350 Ford Dually, Last Ford I had was E-350 with largest V-8 they made, dual fuel tanks, think it was something like a 7.8 liter (460cu in) don't remember if it were turbo or not? I used it for work--fully loaded with tools; left the tools in when I drove to car shows and pulled a car carrier behind with sports car inside. Still could pass most vehicles on the road in that configuration. But had to still fill it once a week! With the price of gas, it bit too deep into the pocket book! Last contractor I worked for assigned a 4WD F250 for my work truck. Thing squatted when you put a minor load in back and practically needed a ladder to get into the truck. Plenty of room for a fat ass like me and other healthy young workers tipping 260# each. But I needed hauling capacity not sofa comfort! Ford is still a good truck--but they should take some of the "puff out of the styling" and put more muscle into the 1/2T models that used to be the backbone on construction jobs.. Now you have to buy oversize just to get minimum results! How is the fuel economy?

How's the weather where you are? Raining today here so fiddling around inside to keep from getting cabin fever!
                                460cu is 7.5...a beast. Thirsty too! No turbo in the gassers.

I have the 7.3 turbo diesel...the last one with forged rods. It's hard to say exactly what mileage I get, routes, travel conditions and fuel quality vary. Guesstimate would be 14-16 city and 18-20+ highway...based on some consistencies. Not bad for something with a GVWR of 11200. Lots of upgrades - '08 mirrors, 4" turbo back exhaust, gauges, 6 position chip, performance air intake, upgraded tranny and torque converter.

Since Dave likes electric....I should mention I have two gold top dura last batteries and a 200 amp alternator.
                                Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                                X