Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

No propane trucks or cars here. Forklifts, yes.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      In Wales a recent installation in a home is said to save the owners 2500 pounds a year. Payback time 7 years. I'd get one, but we do not have gas piped to our home and there are no Govt. subsidies.

Fuel Cell Low Carbon Technology |
      That sales like a sales pitch, but lacking the punch.
      What is the kwh cost to the customer? on fuel cell tech.
      What is the kwh cost to the customer normal utility?

Your calculations 17500 pounds for installation? 2500x7 yr payback?
      Got to check the currency conversion chart to visualize cost!

Comment

The cost of the unit varies from country to country depending on subsidies provided. There are subsidies in Germany, Belgium and the UK. To my knowledge none in Japan or Australia as yet. Obviously with new technology and the associated R&D required the units are pretty expensive. The company is beginning volume manufacturing and believe they can get units down to around $8000. Countries offering good feed in tariffs are installing units and people who are doing the number crunching are finding the economics pretty good. There are no moving parts in the unit, but the heart of it which they call the stack,needs to be replaced at around five years. This of course is also factored into the running costs of the unit. Currently Germany and the UK are the company's main markets due to their government energy policies. If you're interested email the company and ask them if they have an agent in Japan and if not why not.
        Probably no demand for this fuel cell units here. LPG is possibly the highest costing fossil fuel/BTU and LNG is something the electric companies are buying now along with coal and oil to keep up with electrical demand when the nuke plants are off-line. You know of the Fukushima disaster right? That is a whole ball of worms by itself with people not trusting anything.. fiasco with contaminated water storage, leakage, radiation---radiation---etc. Tepco is saying how things are under control and work progressing---but there are always little notes in the news about problems and they try to play it down. It is still a huge deal and problem.

Now, if the Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese could work together in harmony and tap into the gas and oil reserves surrounding the Senkaku Islands on the Asian continental shelf, then LNG might be something of interest here---if the price were right!

People talk about no big industrial base in Australia but a lot of natural resources. Here, the opposite is true, but due to immigration policy and an aging population and small footprint of the islands---bla bla bla. There are problems that have to be faced that have been slowing real recovery in the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
          That sales like a sales pitch, but lacking the punch.
          What is the kwh cost to the customer? on fuel cell tech.
          What is the kwh cost to the customer normal utility?
          Read the case studies on the last link I posted.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Read the case studies on the last link I posted.
            Browsed the link but did not look at every detail. Do that tonight, but that should be up front--where people can see it immediately, not hidden into the depths of the literature.

If someone is trying to sell something, gotta get the person's attention first, then wham--give them the facts, then close the deal.

Comment

OK,
              This link may be better for you. It has lots of easy to understand.
              graphics.http://www.shfca.org.uk/files/8-Padd...CL-BlueGEN.pdf

Sorry to get a bit off track from Brickie's Makita battery.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                No propane trucks or cars here. Forklifts, yes.
                Check this out then.

LPG delivers big savings for diesel trucks — Gas Today — The magazine for Australia

and this one

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/21/u...wards-cng-lpg/
                Last edited by david s; 12-11-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

"Cheap" oil and lack of LPG infrastructure will keep the US using petrol for a few more years.

Give it time,US Military, Uk military, German Military and CSIRO have all released white papers predicting the days of cheap oil are gone in the next few years and the potential chaos that will follow.
                  US military warns oil output may dip causing massive shortages by 2015 | Business | The Guardian
                  The Sydney Morning Herald: national, world, business, entertainment, sport and technology news from Australia's leading newspaper.
                  'Peak Oil' and the German Government: Military Study Warns of a Potentially Drastic Oil Crisis - SPIEGEL ONLINE
                  UK ministers ignored 'peak oil' warnings, report shows | Environment | theguardian.com
                  Peak oil isnt no oil, its no "cheap" oil

Deep sea oil,tar sands isnt "cheap" oil and really is a a very small portion of daily world oil use, that is continuing to grow with the China and India getting richer.
                  The world is still in recession from the last time oil prices spiked and the only thing keeping prices down is that the world is in recession.

WFO are part of my transition from a fossil fuel driven economy, insulation and a sustainable wood supply are vital.
                  Rocket stove run on sticks is another great idea.

Comment

OK,
                    This link may be better for you. It has lots of easy to understand.
                    graphics.http://www.shfca.org.uk/files/8-Padd...CL-BlueGEN.pdf

Sorry to get a bit off track from Brickie's Makita battery.
                    As long as the printing is "real big", and I can take my time to read it slowly, maybe I can understand...eventually...maybe? Lots of pictures helps too!

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
                      "Cheap" oil and lack of LPG infrastructure will keep the US using petrol for a few more years.

Give it time,US Military, Uk military, German Military and CSIRO have all released white papers predicting the days of cheap oil are gone in the next few years and the potential chaos that will follow.
                      US military warns oil output may dip causing massive shortages by 2015 | Business | The Guardian
                      The Sydney Morning Herald: national, world, business, entertainment, sport and technology news from Australia's leading newspaper.
                      'Peak Oil' and the German Government: Military Study Warns of a Potentially Drastic Oil Crisis - SPIEGEL ONLINE
                      UK ministers ignored 'peak oil' warnings, report shows | Environment | theguardian.com
                      Peak oil isnt no oil, its no "cheap" oil

Deep sea oil,tar sands isnt "cheap" oil and really is a a very small portion of daily world oil use, that is continuing to grow with the China and India getting richer.
                      The world is still in recession from the last time oil prices spiked and the only thing keeping prices down is that the world is in recession.

WFO are part of my transition from a fossil fuel driven economy, insulation and a sustainable wood supply are vital.
                      Rocket stove run on sticks is another great idea.
                      Those are just the war mongers rattling their swords again!

Oil prices will dramatically drop if some kind of harmony results from talks between the USA and Iran.

China has lots of dirty coal to burn and that is exactly what they are doing...poisoning their people and everyone down wind... all in the name of economic expansion geared toward regional dominance.

There is plenty of oil to go around as long as we use it wisely. Avoiding situations where supply lines are interrupted by wars or rumors of impending wars is the key. It is just a big game ---if prices seem to fall, create a rumor, then the price shoots up.

Don't know if you missed a real important moment that happened yesterday.
                      That is--President Obama shaking hands with Raul Castro at the ceremony for Nelson Mandella. No diplomatic contact since Fidel took over---what 60+ years ago... Stuff like that is important---maybe a little harmony can come of it!

Big oil companies are pulling the strings, when the economy falters--start a war--good for spurring the economy, bad for everyone else.

Oh! Do you really think prices are low now?

Comment

I thought you meant vehicles that run exclusively on LPG. I have seen a bunch of aftermarket lp injection systems for diesels.. The performance shop I frequented had them available also.
                        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                        John Ruskin

Comment

Back in the mid 70's my Dad used to drive a 5L petrol V8 sedan that was fitted to run dual fuels (LPG and petrol) Economy was much improved, but if we were pulling a full two horse float it went better to switch back to petrol.
                          Last edited by david s; 12-12-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                            I thought you meant vehicles that run exclusively on LPG. I have seen a bunch of aftermarket lp injection systems for diesels.. The performance shop I frequented had them available also.
                            He was, then he wasn't, USA had LPG in the 80's, now not so much, now a little more, but the discussion was natural gas fossil fuel running fuel cells, that only run natural gas, but would be more efficient on hydrogen, but don't work on hydrogen or LPG and not currently marketed aggressively in Auz because of non-supportive government BUT their sales literature does not give specifics until you examine them under a microscope and then the data still is not clear! Like designing something that runs on seawater and trying to sell it in the middle of the desert? Argh!

Dead Makita batteries sent back to the manufacturer demanding a replacement battery might work or get the local television station listen to your story and see if the networks pick it up or a post on you tube??? At least the contents can be properly recycled---bet you'd get some response after a while!

Comment

In Wales a recent installation in a home is said to save the owners 2500 pounds a year. Payback time 7 years. I'd get one, but we do not have natural gas piped to our home and there are no Govt. subsidies.

Fuel Cell Low Carbon Technology |
                              I just thought of this post and tried to put it into perspective---What was the normal electric bill for the house in question where you are saving $350 a month by using fuel cells? Think they could save much more by simply turning some of the lights off! Or changing to LED! This sounds like the story should start with "once upon a time" or "would you believe this one?"

Comment

Wow, that's just under a dollar a litre! We'd call that cheap. Is it common practice in the US to have vehicles converted to run on petrol or gas? It certainly is here in Australia.
                                When I said "petrol or gas" I meant petrol or LPG In Australia no one calls petrol gas (gasoline), we call gas, gas.

This thread has two discussion going on at the same time. Vehicles using dual fuels and fuel cells to create electricity.Again, apologies to Brickie who started the thread re Makita batteries. It is however in the chit chat section and is an interesting discussion.

Re the one using natural gas to create electricity via a fuel cell. The company involved has chosen natural gas as its fuel for this process because of the domestic availability as it is piped to many homes around the world already. The fuel cells can work on other fuels as well, but for now the company is only offering the natural gas option.
                                Last edited by david s; 12-12-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X