Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Originally posted by david s View Post
    OK,
    This link may be better for you. It has lots of easy to understand.
    graphics.http://www.shfca.org.uk/files/8-Padd...CL-BlueGEN.pdf

Sorry to get a bit off track from Brickie's Makita battery.
    Mikku,
    Reread the case study of the hairdressing salon in Oxford. Look at natural gas usage and electricity usage for the years prior and after the installation of the Bluegen.
    Last edited by david s; 12-12-2013, 01:57 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Mikku,
      Reread the case study of the hairdressing salon in Oxford. Look at natural gas usage and electricity usage for the years prior and after the installation of the Bluegen.
      Now you want to make me believe this is a perpetual motion machine as well!
      Look at the study yourself!
      It says they implemented the following:
      BlueGen
      Led Lights
      Wastewater heat recovery
      New boiler

And they use less gas than before!
      I would like to see how much energy was saved by simply changing the last 3 items, and what is the cost of electricity produced by BlueGen.
      Seems like BlueGen wants to take credit for efficiencies that are not theirs!

The data that would be important would go something like this:
      Natural Gas @ (give a specific cost/any currency)
      Cost of equipment @ (any location)
      Operating or maintenance cost over live of product.
      BlueGen produced cost of electricity: per KWH
      Local cost of electricity: per KWH

If subsidies or buy back programs were in place, that would be icing on the cake.

Comment

It is not possible for me to answer all those questions because, as I said before, they will vary from country to country. If you are interested in finding out more you should email your questions to the company.

Regarding perpetual motion, you'll note, if you looked at how fuel cells work, that there are no moving parts.

http://www.shfca.org.uk/files/8-Padd...CL-BlueGEN.pdf
        Last edited by david s; 12-13-2013, 01:58 AM.

Comment

It is not possible for me to answer all those questions because, as I said before, they will vary from country to country. If you are interested in finding out more you should email your questions to the company.

Regarding perpetual motion, you'll note, if you looked at how fuel cells work, that there are no moving parts.

http://www.shfca.org.uk/files/8-Padd...CL-BlueGEN.pdf
          When I say perpetual motion, I refer to it as a concept. One that does not require actual motion but a process that keeps repeating itself without the addition of an outside force.

Comment

The gains you get with the Bluegen fuel cell depend entirely on it's efficiency relative to other generation systems.

Comment

Gudday
              I remember seeing a program a few years ago of a trial in Vic where they used these units in Gov housing. Where before there hot water needs were meet by gas hot water systems they used used the units to produce electricity and the waste heat was used to supply hot water .... Sounds pretty efficient to me.
              Shame it went overseas
              Regards dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once
              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
              My Door
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

The gains you get with the Bluegen fuel cell depend entirely on it's efficiency relative to other generation systems.
                When you get your electric bill, you don't give a darn how efficient the utility produced it--you care about what you have to pay for the energy consumed!

Comment

You can speak for yourself on that one. Surely you're concerned about the current Fukishima debacle. I'm am very concerned about how inefficient and polluting current generating systems are. In Australia there is an option for people to pay a slight premium to use green power, many do, most don't.
                  Last edited by david s; 12-13-2013, 04:44 AM.

Comment

The township I grew up in drilled a gas well on the school's grounds back in 78 to fuel its bus fleet, they heated the school as well; because they let just a relative peep out at a time, the well is still as strong as the day it was drilled. Total investment in 78 was about 300 grand, they have replaced the compressor twice that fills the buses, the production casing needs swabbed about every 5 years so there are some on going costs. They keep a few diesel buses for long hauls out of the district but the natural gas has served them well for their local transport needs.

The fuel cell technology sounds interesting for those of us who live over gas deposits.

Comment

You can speak for yourself on that one. Surely you're concerned about the current Fukishima debacle. I'm am very concerned about how inefficient and polluting current generating systems are. In Australia there is an option for people to pay a slight premium to use green power, many do, most don't.
                      I'm concerned about the costs of energy--Yes!

At this very moment, I am changing from LPG hot water to kerosene hot water heating... Why? Because kerosene is 30% cheaper. The kerosene boiler (water heater is 87% efficient), my current LPG is 80%. But it is not the efficiencies of the units that make the difference... It is: LPG is distributed by a contract you sign with a supplier. they initially install the piping (for gas) in hour home for free. and you agree to purchase LPG from them. But they can adjust pricing as they see fit! Kerosene is a commodity--every gasoline stand has it for sale, you can shop for a better price....I cannot do that with LPG! Along with the conversion, I'm installing solar hot water generation.. Why? hopefully to have hot water produced a little cheaper! I do things that I can control!

As far as Fukushima goes, that is an entire different issue. Tepco was not prepared for a tsunami, most of the people who died were equally unprepared or just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tepco could have designed differently and the whole fiasco would have been prevented. That is water under the bridge and something the people of Japan have to deal with for a very long time. My land is contaminated with radiation, I am contaminated, everything around me is contaminated but there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that fact. So you live with that!

I build energy efficient homes and have been doing this since the 1970's and preaching the same sermon. Pay a little more up front for a more energy efficient home and it will pay for itself over the long run in both comfort and running costs. But you have to show people how they are going to SAVE in the long run!

OK I'm speaking for myself. But a lot of people have to worry about just paying their utility bills and are not flush enough to put out $8000 to $30000 because it is a little "greener"!

Maybe, I'm preaching to the wrong audience--since we are all enjoying using wood fired ovens for enjoyment, not because they are energy efficient!

Comment

Today I did what I should have done in the first place, put the multimeter over it, its buggered so I pulled the battery pack down to see if I could resurrect it.
                        Its buggered.

I saved all the cells bar 3.
                        The cells are the same size as the UltraFire that I use in all my led torches so all is not lost.
                        Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-13-2013, 11:48 PM.
                        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                          The cells are the same size as the UltraFire that I use in all my led torches so all is not lost.
                          Too bad tools aren't made to last anymore.
                          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                          John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                            Too bad tools aren't made to last anymore.
                            Sometimes we expect too much from the tools we have available to us now.
                            They have to be compact, powerful, run a long time on a charge, reliable and affordable. A pretty big order to fill.

We used to joke about a carpenter named "Alvin" in my home town. All of his finishing tools were cordless. But when I say cordless I did not mean battery powered, they were traditional hand tools.

He is a very good all around carpenter, and excellent finish carpenter. His father was a mason--so they would build the homes from ground up, the two of them.

Comment

I was managing a building site in London in 2001 and it was mainly hand tools.
                              Tradies coming to work on the tube carrying their tools in a bag.
                              In Australia you need a ute(SUV) to fit all your gadgets in.

.................................................. ..
                              My crap home brand Ozito Cordless drill (well under $100)outlasted my Metabo($300+)
                              To replace just the batteries on the Metabo its cheaper to buy another Ozito.
                              Same thing has happened with a Makita jigsaw and Angle grinder V cheapy crap brand ones.
                              You do the maths and you might as well buy the crap ones.
                              Theyre all made in China, some just spend more money on branding.

Not great for the environment but that's how electric tools in the globalised first world rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
                                I was managing a building site in London in 2001 and it was mainly hand tools.
                                Tradies coming to work on the tube carrying their tools in a bag.
                                In Australia you need a ute(SUV) to fit all your gadgets in.

.................................................. ..
                                My crap home brand Ozito Cordless drill (well under $100)outlasted my Metabo($300+)
                                To replace just the batteries on the Metabo its cheaper to buy another Ozito.
                                Same thing has happened with a Makita jigsaw and Angle grinder V cheapy crap brand ones.
                                You do the maths and you might as well buy the crap ones.
                                Theyre all made in China, some just spend more money on branding.

Not great for the environment but that's how electric tools in the globalised first world rolls.
                                Totally agree with you. If the Ozito dies in under 12 months you just go back and they give you a new one. The quality of the Ozito stuff is getting better and better, unlike Makita which is getting cheaper, but poorer quality. I had a Bosch cordless that i bought at the same time as the Ozito and it died, while the Ozito is still going strong. Bosch would not replace the drill only, you have to buy a whole new one with batteries and charger. I like to have two cordless drills to avoid changing bits and drivers constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X