Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

Now I see Annie M has deleted all of her posts with a cryptic message that "there is a snake in the garden" in her signature line. What is going on people?
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Was this the post by Huskerduck about crappy Chinese goods that caused an issue?

Comment

KD now Russell. Wtf.... Insensitive, racist, inappropriate comments have no place on this forum. We have lost 2 sets of valuable information that newbie no longer have to learn from.

It is about building ovens, helping each other. Russell did more for others and whoever did or said whatever needs to make it right.

For someone to pull every post 45 pages of valuable information because one person or a few people have an opinion and then post it on this forum. Then I say keep those opinions to yourself. Think before you press enter. As most on this forum are not interested, in racist, insensitive inappropriate, comments.

Lets all keep our comments to building ovens, Cooking. And all things oven, so we no longer lose our pioneers.

And Russell is one at the forefront of pioneering ideas.
        Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-10-2014, 06:02 AM.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
          Now I see Annie M has deleted all of her posts with a cryptic message that "there is a snake in the garden" in her signature line. What is going on people?
          Appropriate comment Dennis. Pretty much one of the reasons why KD exited stage left.
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
            Was this the post by Huskerduck about crappy Chinese goods that caused an issue?
            Not so much according to this guy

Originally Posted by cobblerdave
            Well Mr huskducker
            What a mess this whole thing is.!
            It's all about you and your oven. And it really is about you isn't ?
            Well let's start with the oven, its a 54 inch right?
            That's a 26 in height being a 1/2 dome? Could be an inch or more considering your IT wasn't reset for each ring of brick? Not quite round? Thats about. 6 ins higher than bread baking temps ... As for pizza well 10 inchs or more.
            Yes stone cutter has pointed out you smoke vent above your 62 per oven opening is to small . As for the chimney again to small it should be really a 10 inch for an oven that size. That means smoke stains .
            As for the " dragon scale" effect on the entrance ... Well you could have cut on two sides instead of one. No one really cares you were rushed to complete it.
            I do not regard you as a builder of any note really.
            You took your build off site for you own purposes.
            I suppose you got sick of answering yourself.
            NO ... I do not include any regards
            This is my own and personal opinions

Cobblerdave
            And then

Originally Posted by cobblerdave
            G'day huskducker
            Your read my post.... Fantastic , I got your attention.
            Yes I am a pro of sorts, I don't bring much in the way of skills like block and bricklaying that's for sure, in fact I'll be the first to tell you I'm pretty much "masonry impaired". But I do like to encourage folk to build the best oven that they can.
            Which of course brings to your oven.
            Height of the roof. We all know our own ovens best and all ovens can be made to do what's required of them. A tunnel ovens a great bread maker but still makes pizza. You might find yourself having to lift the pizza up on the peal to crisp the top. I don't know absolutely but you'll find that out. We all know our own ovens best. Recon you oven would probably make a good " hog baker". Haven't been able to get hold of a pig small enough to fit in mine to date.
            Now the entrance that a smoker if ever there was one . Of course you need a bigger chimney, and of course you need a larger vent area leading in to that. As for the " dragon scales " comment. Sorry but compared to the rest of you work its Sh&t, at least it will make it easy to pull down.
            Anyway I answer any questions as well as I'm able and you have got to remember my work is pretty busy at Xmas
            Nice crossing swords
            Regards dave
            I think we all can conclude this has little to do with someone asking someones opinion and than that person answering with an honest and detailed response. That's what you do on forums, if you don't like the person or their "opinions" you unsubscribe or ignore, just like the moderater said. So what happens, people come on here and start tossing around the word racist like candy

I have several threads on other forums and one has half million views with 700 responses and I've never witnessed anything quite like this place.
            Build
            http://dudecaves.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6

Comment

No, it was before those posts, I am pretty sure it was the ones about the Chinese materials that caused the issues.

Comment

No, it was before those posts, I am pretty sure it was the ones about the Chinese materials that caused the issues.
                That's what started all this yes. I said something to the effect that Kobalt blades from Lowes burned up too fast and the Wife picked me up a replacement "Ridgid" from Home Depot ( Both Chinese unfortunately) and would give my reviews

Then Beehive said something to the effect about "Why do people have to associate Chinese products as inferior in Nature, they make iPhones too."

I replied with "my wife knows my feelings about what products to buy and not buy" with a very short list not including the real reasons I avoid certain products.

This is when the "you just don't get it do you " PM came in about how I was offending Chinese Americans and I needed to delete what I had said. Not from those offended but someone that had a dozen likes on the thread.

So I apologized if I had offended anyone and my views were aimed directly at the businesses in China that were exporting poisoned, cheap products, and an explanation closer to my real feelings about a Drywaller I knew that went out of business because a supplier had snuck in the infamous Chinese Drywall that instantly starts deteriorating anything copper and makes people sick.

About this time someone came on the thread and stated I didn't need to apologize to anyone and it was quite lengthy. Others, including people calling me a racists in this thread were still fine and actually joking about what had transpired.

Then the other PM came in telling me how and what to post, I replied to the "don't need to apologize" post with something like.

" Yep, I don't even care about the Junk part, what really bothers me and the reason I said the original comment was more about exposing 14 year old girls for the N-Hexane and Benzine for 14 hour days 363 days a year.

I was Banned for a week for inappropriate ethnic comments, thats exactly what the notice said.

At the same time I got an email notification to remove anything I had said in others threads as a reply to my compliments of 3 different posters threads, It called me a POS and rambled on and on and didn't need PMs anymore and was posted on the talk end of a thread

After coming back I completely went away from anything related to product quality other than that The Ridgid Blade the wife had bought performed Outstanding.

I had also stated that I agreed everything from China wasn't garbage, in fact I was using EV sound equipment in my build because it was a great product and praised it.
                Build

Comment

But thanks to CobblerDave I was quickly shown exactly what the main problem really was amongst all the other personal attacks calling me Japanese names, a racist and all sorts of goodies.

This was all one day after someone had replied to my thread saying they liked my entry and when I clicked to respond the thread had been yanked. So with all the info at my disposal and someones compliment drawing attention to a certain poster or ten via email notifications, My guess is there was an ultimatum made and the Mods acted accordingly before more people withdrew their threads out of protest.

I didn't say anything, I didn't even mind they yanked the thread, in fact I had suggested it be done earlier and told the mods to do so, I had moved the build to Dudecaves for a whole other group of people that don't use forums and wanted to check updates on their phone every week.

The reason I even wanted the thread gone was sooner or later I was going to give up the goods on a real life tragedy that hit really, close to home. I had built a home for my childrens Doctor probably a little over a decade ago. She was a wonderful Japanese women and oh so fiesty and fun, I spent years doing upgrade and sitting with her for hours after work discussing life and everything but building. She was the closest of friends and during the build she had adopted a little Chinese girl she named "China", as this progressed over time it became apparent what was really going on and things turned VERY ugly, very fast when an email account was discovered and the Chit hit the fan to the tune of prison time, losing an entire life savings ( except the house) and the whole thing just devastated an entire community that I dedicated years too with my heart and soul because this doctor basically put me on the map of "word of mouth" jobs that were exclusive and cost plus.

I have some strong opinions and still withdraw from laying out the facts that were so sleazy, I was shocked this was going on. Just so you know where my perspective is on who's offended by what. There is no place on a forum about pilling up bricks to cook pizzas for this and I had kept this tragedy and others out of the conversation but personally, I have been surrounded by certain events that make my skin crawl and it has zero to do with Beehive, Chinese Americans, or Chinese anything, I said this multiple times.
                  Build

Comment

I saw it originally and didn't think twice about it, and then couldn't find it later when it became an issue. Ah well, Russel is a good guy, maybe he will come back.

Comment

I saw it originally and didn't think twice about it, and then couldn't find it later when it became an issue. Ah well, Russel is a good guy, maybe he will come back.
                      It would be nice if he would, honestly I have and will bow completely out of this forum except to reply to the one guys thread I helped out getting his pictures up and he called me the Bomb! at least I could help out one person here so my work is done.

In all honesty I would hope Beehive was on my side about my feelings because they are geared directly at the misfortunes of an ethnic group , As I stated more than once this has zero to do with ethnic and everything to do with ethics. He can comeback and have fun with his friends and I will stay far away. I will even delete all cookies and posts after this and never return again and you all can return to being one happy family! I will say I found an awesome place that sells Peels, brooms, cutters of every size and shape and was floored walking through their entire block of 4 levels of new and used restaurant goodies, I walked out of there with five peels of different dimensions up to 18" and cutter and serving trays and cooling trays and etc. etc. I should have snapped a pic of the Pizza isle which was 10' tall by 40' long stuffed full. If in the Portland Oregon area the place is called Roses on Clay st. you have to go get lost in there it's amazing, we actually got lost several times amongst the millions of restaurant supplies. We spent $192 and I couldn't believe how stuffed our vehicle was with Pizza toys
                      Build

Comment

And there ya go, If I missed anything in anyones posts you can reply here because when you delete posts they don't show up as deleted fast enough for me and have tried double deleting like 3 times now. I'll wait until tomorrow and wipe the forum clean, it's not raining for a few minutes today and with 60 MPH winds maybe I can get this stupid oven coated with a protective shell, it's been real, and it's been fun but............
                        Build

Comment

" G'day huskerduck
                          I'm taking total responsibility for personally attacking you and reponsibility for my anger. In public and with no excuses.
                          I Apologize totally"

Regards dave

Yes the apology still stands....publicly and with no excuses.
                          Yes the deletion of posts further adds to the level of confusion and frustration

Regards dave
                          Measure twice
                          Cut once
                          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                          My Door
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

I have and will bow completely out of this forum except to reply to the one guys thread I helped out getting his pictures up and he called me the Bomb! at least I could help out one person here so my work is done
                            Best of luck to you and your build....
                            Last edited by GianniFocaccia; 12-11-2014, 06:48 PM. Reason: Domo arrigato Mikku-san

Comment

And now back to the game of building ovens, new innovations, assisting those that need it more importantly want it.

Yay

Russell please reconsider your knowledge and skill sold not be lost to this forum.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Yes, I never saw anything that would have been moderated on any other forum, even very strict ones. The best policy for internet forums is not to allow yourself to be offended, especially if nothing has been directed to your person.

Comment

Working...
                                X