Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

Tom,
    I'm glad that Forno Bravo, ain't just "any other forum".

just sayin'
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

It is, really. I am a member of quite a few, even moderate one here and there, and have since the mid-nineties. Being conservative, I have over 50,000 posts between them, and I do not post often on any of them.

People come and go. People help the forum, people hurt the forum, but 98% do neither, they just surf the forum. In no case should anyone posting on a forum take anything other than a direct personal attack, well, personally. It isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post

People come and go.......In no case should anyone posting on a forum take anything other than a direct personal attack, well, personally. It isn't.
        Another perspective.

Forums are different things to different people. A place to find a solution. A place to expand their knowledge base. A place to share what they know. A place to show what they do. A place to pass the time...like a book or TV does. A place to socialize. Maybe it's all of the above and more.

The personalities are as varied as the content that is posted. Some play well with others. Others don't. Some ease into a forum. Some barge in. Even though it's text on a page, it's real personalities, even if it's not a true representation of them in the flesh. Some can take a joke and laugh it off. Others come out swinging.

A forum is just a forum to some. Obviously, it means more to others. I belong quite a few forums, like Tom, since the 90's. Unlike Tom, I don't post often in most of them. Why? Because of the personalities in the forum. It's hard to come across the right way in text sometimes....it doesn't always convey the right emotion. Sometimes we rub somebody the wrong way. What happens after varies with the participants. Sometimes it escalates. Sometimes it resolves. Some get banned. Others work it out. Some stay. Others go.

What's a personal attack, besides straight up name calling? That depends on the different people and thier perspective.....what's said and how they say it. How people act or what they say doesn't matter to some. To others, it does.

Maybe this is all an obvious observation.....but in the end, we are all here for different reasons. And when it starts making sense for someone to stop contributing or visiting a forum, then there is no right or wrong if that's a personal decision.....it's thier perspective.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

Gulf, I am not condoning or agreeing with Huskerduck, quite the opposite, but this is an open forum in the Wild, Wild West of the internets. You won't last long if you let your feelings get hurt.

Trust me, some of the boards I am on are brutal and 100% unmoderated. I like those boards, because you are what you post, nothing more nothing less. You get from a forum what you are willing to give, but any time you ARE willing to give, you have to accept that you will not always be appreciated, and will have to suffer the abuse of idiots and hit and run posters.

I am not a big fan of "post counts", but I do think it is an indicator of who you should allow yourself to be bothered by.

Comment

Snake in the garden? Ethnic tension? Can't find Annie M's sea salt method.
            What happened while I was away?

Comment

A snake bit Russell... Gulf hit the snake with a stick... but the snake kept hissing. Some people did not mind the hissing... I thought it was horrible and went and hid in the bushes... Now I am hoping there is a way for Russell's wound to heal so he can return.

Comment

Originally posted by Annie M. View Post
                A snake bit Russell... Gulf hit the snake with a stick... but the snake kept hissing. Some people did not mind the hissing... I thought it was horrible and went and hid in the bushes... Now I am hoping there is a way for Russell's wound to heal so he can return.
                Annie, never again hide from a snake in the bushes, then it has you just were it wants you!

Comment

As I said on Russell thread let's keep his thread at the top of the tree. With all those supporting him he may come back to us

But it requires us supporting this by actions.

Just like the newbies thread being bumped regularly

So should the Utah beehive thread.
                  Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
                  X