Dog House Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog House Roof

Okay, try not to laugh too hard at the Sketch Up - I got it as straight as my nerves would allow. The capstones will be 4 inch block in real life - I just couldn't find a model of one and I used what I could find.

The house will be dry stacked for eventual dis-assembly. I'm not spending three hundred bucks for my dogs to eat plastic doghouses. The $30 or so every few months for toys rated as 'tough' which only survive a few months at best is bad enough.

I'm kinda stuck on the roof, though. I need to be able to take it off to do the periodic house keeping but it needs to stay on despite the dogs inevitable mangling (I figure I can recycle the block - the roof is pretty much a write off). The other problem is my extremely limited power tool access - I want to make as few cuts as possible and long angles on plywood are out of the question.

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog House - Front View.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	316020 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog House - Top View.JPG
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	316021

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog House - Angle Side View.JPG
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	316022
    Last edited by Archena; 03-20-2010, 10:25 AM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Dog House Roof

Corrugated Fiberglass Roofing Panels

Comment

Actually, that's what I had in mind - it's the 'how to keep the roof on' part that I'm not sure about.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Archena,

The $30 or so every few months for toys rated as 'tough' which only survive a few months at best is bad enough.
        Why not get a couple of old tyres from the service station or auto dismanlers, great and free!

I'm kinda stuck on the roof, though.
        This looks fine for a pizza oven base, you're halfway there!
        Pour a base or get some concrete posts, lay them flat, put on some insulation board and one of James's small ovens. It is all sisassemlable ??? and you can then officially join the club and share your cooking experiences with us.
        Another advantage is that some heat may leak down and keep them warm in the colder months when you need all that cooking and pizzas.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

1) I'm considering that, actually. I may just wait until summer and give them my old tires once I buy new ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	1831.gif
Views:	4
Size:	376 Bytes
ID:	279825 I haven't managed to find any - most retailers recycle theirs.

2) You want me to put a $2000 minimum oven in with the Destructive Duo? And, should it miraculously survive, cook where the pups poop? Click image for larger version

Name:	brood.gif
Views:	8
Size:	365 Bytes
ID:	279824

I did mention these houses are going into the kennels, right? Oh, I didn't? Okay, forget that last bit then. Click image for larger version

Name:	shrug.gif
Views:	6
Size:	622 Bytes
ID:	279826

I'm still not putting an oven - cast, cob, brick or otherwise, where the Dogs of Destruction can get to it. Besides, I need to be able to remove it when I move - which I hope will be within the next year!

[/CENTER]

Comment

You have a couple of tyre biters ?

Comment

Obviously, you are going for utility before beauty, so just lay some block on top of the roof to hold it in place. That would be standard Arkansas roofing code....

Comment

Not until I manage to get them some tires - but that should happen at my next tire change.

[/CENTER]

Comment

I think they have enough destructive capability without my supplying concrete projectiles...

[/CENTER]

Comment

what are you raising - wild dingos, wolves? Cujo and his more rabid brother?

RT

Comment

I wish. I have Jekyll and Hyde dogs - sweet with people, diabolical with other animals.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X