What size should I build????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size should I build????

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I am gathering information for an early spring brick oven build for 2014. What is a good size for a smaller oven. I was originally thinking about doing a 30" inside diameter oven. After doing some research around the web, this seems real small for the typical pizza oven. PLEASE HELP!

42" seems huge but I don't want to regret doing an oven too small. At this point I can only see us doing smaller (12") pizzas or maybe a loaf of bread or two.

Also, are there any good plans out there for a dome brick oven? I haven't had a chance to really dive into this forum/web site in search for plans. I've been doing custom furniture for 15 years and have never built off of plans. I've always designed and drawn my own. I'm not real comfortable "winging" it on a brick oven. Bricks can't be unscrewed

Thank you Forno Bravo for this forum and I look forward to some great feedback!

-Tim

Re: What size should I build????

Gudday Tim
    Sorry your post was missed . You would have been better to post it in the newbie section to get it noticed.
    30 in is not a really small oven davids has a 21 in oven which builds.
    The smaller the oven the smaller the fire and the less space for a pizza.
    I myself have a 42 in oven which is a little big for my needs now days but it does have the ability to cook three pizza at once. No beer when cooking three pizza though you have to have you wits about you.
    If you go to the forno shop load a free copy of the forno plans in your cart it will give you some tried and true plans to go off. And the forum will help with up to date advice.
    Go well
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Plenty of threads discussing this already. I would do a bit of searching. Second one in the newbie forum is the same question...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/d...ter-19836.html

And the plans are here for download as well. You will find everyone here quite helpful - but search is your friend as well
      Last edited by deejayoh; 09-09-2013, 03:05 PM.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Thanks guys! This is a great forum so it will be a pleasi.ure searching around for info. Thank you Dave for the tip on plans.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Its a bit like a shed. It will never be big enough once it is built

The cost of a few extra materials in the build compared to the time of building is small to the benefit of having usable space.

I am finding that I am cooking more and more in the oven so the extra space is handy. I built a 43" (1100mm) inside the dome. It can get crowded when you are doing a roast, vegies etc.

Good luck

Craig
          "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
          The Pirate Captain

Comment

Working...
          X