X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mary G's 2nd Annual Bread Bash

Originally posted by CanuckJim View Post
    RT,

Leftovers? What leftovers? Imagine John Wayne staggering through the desert, on his last legs, with two vultures sitting on nearby cacti waiting their chance. The glint in their scavenger eyes was the same look I saw at the Bread Bash. The only things left over were a few burgers and crumbs.

I'll try to get the pics from my camera up this weekend.

Jim
    First time I heard people say; "I'll have a burger, please hold the burger".

Comment

Thank goodness there is consensus that there were no leftovers. For a minute I was afraid that I had gone home too early!
      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

All,

I'll post Bread Bash pics in the photo gallery, but I'm not sure of the category to use.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Sorry I missed it .....maybe next year!!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

So the silk socks were worn by Napolean when he was remanded to a small island.

I have finally gotten my real film developed and downloaded some of the digital shots from the free camera - fixed lense no cover, hey it was free. For a second I thought we were at Universal Studios

click on the photo for a larger shot

The trees were in full color and my sinus were reeling. Did you know that the national flower of Toronto is the Dandelion?

the wife and kermit

Alfredo (FB) and his son showed up, here is Alfredo holding court in front of the freebies generously provided by Forno Bravo

Jim was working up a storm not as much as last year. I don't know what the lady was saying - maybe something like - gee I wish I was Sicilian

Last edited by jengineer; 06-26-2007, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Matthew (FB) and his lovely bride who I believe are a wee bit Sicilian/Italian.
              I was shooting with my favorite lense the 105mm. It is a nice portrait lense, I can be somewhat far from the subject and still get a clean shot.

I have put out the idea to Matthew and Jim to have Jim rest the day of the bash. Maybe next year the bake oven gets put to use with a live fire for a pizza bash. Jim and Matthew can make up the doughs and Lisie and I will prep all the toppings. It has been rather silent from Jim though!

Kate (the blonde with her back to us) was pulling the raffle tickets, Alfredo is showing off a shirt

Alfredo's son Vinny (another alias you know) won a bag of Farina

Last edited by jengineer; 06-26-2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

My blushing bride also won a bag of Farina - I think it is the first commercial product that she has received with her last name on it. She thinks that anything that has her name on it is hers. Unfortunately I was out of focus and I missed the kissing bandit kissing our host.

Matthew's Side-kick getting a packet of the treasured pizza flour. Each winner of the flour received a typed sheet on the FB letterhead that has the recipe for making pizza dough. There were extras for those that were not lucky enough to get a bag of flour.

Uncle Jim and Kermit (she is on my avatar)
                A gruff exterior, being a stone mason, but the inside is golden

Last edited by jengineer; 06-26-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

JE,

Wow and many thanks for taking these. Rest? When, in my copious free time? The pizza idea is a good one for next year. We'll see what Matthew has to say about that. Still gotta have some bread, though. Repeat guests would revolt without Ancienne baguette and focaccia.

Jim

Comment

Jim & JE,
                    It'll be my pleasure to spin some pies.

Matt

Originally posted by CanuckJim View Post
                    JE,

Wow and many thanks for taking these. Rest? When, in my copious free time? The pizza idea is a good one for next year. We'll see what Matthew has to say about that. Still gotta have some bread, though. Repeat guests would revolt without Ancienne baguette and focaccia.

Jim

Comment

Sign me up
                      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Ah, but then Jim would need a round oven!
                        James
                        Last edited by james; 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM.
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I neglected to say -- great photos Patrick. Thanks.
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,

Okay, okay, already. How about a Modena Twister? Might as well start small .

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            X