Breaking ground/rock and pouring the pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking ground/rock and pouring the pad

The first day I started I was able to clear away the little amount of top soil I had for my pizza oven location ( 42" Tuscan). Since the bed rock is at the surface I should get no movenment. I had to dig out lots of rock to allow for 3" of gravel. I think I may try to use some of the rocks I dug out for the oven arch or cover the block wall. I had to wait a few days for the weather to clear before I poured the pad. The mixer in the back (home made) didn't work so I had to hand mix 36 bags of ready-mix by hand. The beer sure tasted good while I sat back and watched the pad cure.

The block wall and hearth will be assembled and poured in a couple of weeks during our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Cheers.
    Live life like you're dying....without going bankrupt

Re: Breaking ground/rock and pouring the pad

If you were able to dig out rock it is not bedrock, it is rubble or shelf rock. Hopefully, you took care to compact the fill in those areas.

Comment

Actually it was bed rock at one time but the top 6" were loosened from ages or freeze thaw. Most of the pad sits on 3" to 6"of well tamped gravel on top of very solid bedrock. She's not going to move in my life time.

Cheers.
      Live life like you're dying....without going bankrupt

Comment

Perfect! You have the hard part done, then.

Comment

Working...
        X