Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie photo contest finalists!

Hello all,

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who sent us their photos from Down Under. We really appreciate it. I hope you are having great weather and enjoying cooking and spending time outdoors.

For everyone seeing this for the first time, you can view all the submitted photos here:

Pizza Oven Photographs | Contest Entries - November 2011

Here are the five finalists as selected by our highly trained and secretive review panel. You can vote for your favorite photo in the attached Poll -- we will be tallying up the final votes in January. The winning photo wins a free oven tools from A Pizza Italia, the Forno Bravo distributor for Australia.

The photos, from left to right, are: Rothwell, Aus; Wauchope, Aus (check out the other photo with a kangaroo), Tarrington, Aus, Nelson, NZ, and Dora Creek, Aus.

Happy voting!
    Attached Files
    Rothwell, Aus
    14.04%
    Wauchope, Aus
    43.86%
    Tarrington, Aus
    5.26%
    Nelson, NZ
    21.05%
    Dora Creek, Aus
    15.79%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by james; 12-13-2011, 10:53 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Aussie photo contest finalists!

Originally posted by james View Post
    (check out the other photo with a kangaroo),
    You sound like youve never seen a 'Roo before....... ....sorry couldnt help it.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Not outside of zoo, anyway. haha.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I only employ the female 'Roos as brickies labourers as they have a pouch and can carry 4 bricks at a time in it................

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Bump, just so as many ppl can see it and vote.

And no, I dont have a pic in the voting.....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Wondering on who decided on the final five James..? All look great however looking through the submitted photos with other members of my family and a couple of friends there are others we would have easily selected to make the top five...
            Definitely only my opinion but a matter of taste I think.

Comment

Honestly, picking the short list is always really difficult. We have a group of people inside FB independently pick their top 5, and we then we compare lists, see how many we have in common and then decide on the ones where we don't agree. It really isn't that fun. :-(, because all of the ovens are so nice, and there are different things to look for -- the oven, the location, the photo itself.

Definitely a matter of taste and opinion.

I guess the good news is that we have some great ovens to pick from. That and some nice summer weather.

James
              Last edited by james; 12-14-2011, 11:47 PM.
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

One other thing. The newsletter is going out tomorrow, so folks who follow FB through the newsletter and Facebook will get a reminder to vote as well.
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I have to say that I like all the pictures. the black and white up shot had a nice old world touch. The reason I went with the first was I liked the staging of the food. There was defiantly some thought and time that went into that. That was the deciding factor for me. The rest were also very good and could easily me put in and outdoor living magazine. thank you for sharing your pictures.
                  Have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Holiday season,
                  Guy

Comment

Congrat's to all builders of WFO's! I certainly enjoyed building mine and love using it even more. I would not be half as happy with the outcome without the knowledge I have gleened from this site, thank you to James and all others involved, I have definately found the 'Fire Within'. ps. I had to vote for the only N.Z. oven to make the finals, its just a Downunder thing!! (ask them who won the cricket) Cheers from New Zealand

Comment

Hi All, I am the Builder of the New Zealand oven :-)
                      Really happy and pleased to be in the final five, this was a 5 year long project of gathering materials and building from scratch.
                      I have a very understanding wife.
                      At the side I added a charcoal grill which you can kind of make out in the picture. So far Pizza and bread have been made with great results. A roast leg of lamb and pork belly are my next things to try.
                      The Chimney is copper and over 100 years old, sourced from an old villa.

Looking at all these entries has given me some great ideas for the future.

Cheers
                      Lance

Comment

Hi all-

Beautiful pictures!

Some of you may remember me from our disaster of a stonemason building directly on the ground (for perpetually soaked insulation/failed oven). We did do the demo to the ground, and followed your generous suggestions on a raised floor rebuild. We now have a 48 inch steel disk raised a couple of inches over the ground and welded in place *onto which* to insulate and build the replacement dome. I can hardly wait, now that some other projects are over (and the rain season is soon to come) to make the new dome! Best wishes all, and when it's done I'll send photos.

Comment

Hi Peter.
                          Best to tack this onto your original thread as Im sure those that are subscribed to it would love to hear your news.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Absolutely stunning ovens the builders/owners should be proud. I was so envious seeing the Dora creek pic what an amazing view and location you have.

Originally posted by peterthewolf View Post
                            Hi all-

Beautiful pictures!

Some of you may remember me from our disaster of a stonemason building directly on the ground
                            I remember that thread you had a stunning looking oven but unfortunately couldn't get it hot enough to cook no matter how much wood you burnt. Keep us up to date with your new build I'm sure plenty here would like to know how it all turns out. As brickie pointed out use your original thread as many would still be subscribed to it.

Merry Christmas everyone hope you and you families have a happy and safe Christmas... Oscar

Comment

"Photo contest: With more than 40% of the votes, our Down Under Photo Contest winner is this beautiful oven from Wauchope:

The photographer won free oven tools from A Pizza Italia, the Forno Bravo distributor for Australia."END QUOTE

Hi, i am really thrilled to win this comp....
                              Today (6-2-12) we were cooking pizza and my pizza peel is looking really sad. Cant wait until i recieve my prize...............
                              (warren)

Comment

Working...
                              X