X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrgweeto
    replied
    Re: Aussie photo contest finalists!

I have to say that I like all the pictures. the black and white up shot had a nice old world touch. The reason I went with the first was I liked the staging of the food. There was defiantly some thought and time that went into that. That was the deciding factor for me. The rest were also very good and could easily me put in and outdoor living magazine. thank you for sharing your pictures.
    Have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Holiday season,
    Guy

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

One other thing. The newsletter is going out tomorrow, so folks who follow FB through the newsletter and Facebook will get a reminder to vote as well.
    James

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Honestly, picking the short list is always really difficult. We have a group of people inside FB independently pick their top 5, and we then we compare lists, see how many we have in common and then decide on the ones where we don't agree. It really isn't that fun. :-(, because all of the ovens are so nice, and there are different things to look for -- the oven, the location, the photo itself.

Definitely a matter of taste and opinion.

I guess the good news is that we have some great ovens to pick from. That and some nice summer weather.

James
    Last edited by james; 12-14-2011, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• abettio
    replied

Wondering on who decided on the final five James..? All look great however looking through the submitted photos with other members of my family and a couple of friends there are others we would have easily selected to make the top five...
    Definitely only my opinion but a matter of taste I think.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Bump, just so as many ppl can see it and vote.

And no, I dont have a pic in the voting.....

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

I only employ the female 'Roos as brickies labourers as they have a pouch and can carry 4 bricks at a time in it................

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Not outside of zoo, anyway. haha.
    James

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post
    (check out the other photo with a kangaroo),
    You sound like youve never seen a 'Roo before....... ....sorry couldnt help it.

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a poll Aussie photo contest finalists!

Aussie photo contest finalists!

Rothwell, Aus
    14.04%
    Wauchope, Aus
    43.86%
    Tarrington, Aus
    5.26%
    Nelson, NZ
    21.05%
    Dora Creek, Aus
    15.79%

The poll is expired.

Hello all,

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who sent us their photos from Down Under. We really appreciate it. I hope you are having great weather and enjoying cooking and spending time outdoors.

For everyone seeing this for the first time, you can view all the submitted photos here:

Pizza Oven Photographs | Contest Entries - November 2011

Here are the five finalists as selected by our highly trained and secretive review panel. You can vote for your favorite photo in the attached Poll -- we will be tallying up the final votes in January. The winning photo wins a free oven tools from A Pizza Italia, the Forno Bravo distributor for Australia.

The photos, from left to right, are: Rothwell, Aus; Wauchope, Aus (check out the other photo with a kangaroo), Tarrington, Aus, Nelson, NZ, and Dora Creek, Aus.

Happy voting!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by james; 12-13-2011, 10:53 PM.
Working...
X