X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Down Under Brick Dome Build

Gudday bricky and Laurentius
    Welcome back from your trip brickie!
    It's emphasized to all newbies on insulation you have heard it before "cooked pizza first night, closed up the oven, baked all next day in a snow storm and still had 100 F in the oven 2 days later. They complete there ovens and cure them the emphasis again is to build the oven up over time to gain to that max temp.
    Little is said about a short firing at all. I thought it timely that I mention this and your definitly right Laurentuis it is all about knowing your oven and learning to manage it.... Man taming flame
    There has been a link posted that I followed to an e book excerpt that stated that the best way to use a wood fired oven was to start at pizza temps and cook to the cooling oven. I wonder if that was a less insulated design than the forno?
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hi Dave,

I agree that is one of the great features of a WFO, and when I first built mine, that was the way I ultilized it. Now, I very seldom do pizza, I love baking bread and cooking and you learn quickly that bread doesn't function on your timetable. I feel the faster a newbie learn heat management, they will enjoy using the oven and will use it more often. Waiting for a fully saturated well insulated oven to cool down is a B%$#*, especially when you're on your family's schedule and not your own, and one day, that "Why you get so hot in the first place?" sinks in.

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
        There has been a link posted that I followed to an e book excerpt that stated that the best way to use a wood fired oven was to start at pizza temps and cook to the cooling oven.
        Im sure everyone utilizes the heat in this way with a cooling oven but that doesnt mean you cant fire her up just to do a roast, Ill be firing mine up tomorrow for just that reason.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hello Cookie Monster, Strange question but here it goes. Are you the same Cookie Monster that was in the Epicurious forum years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
            Hello Cookie Monster, Strange question but here it goes. Are you the same Cookie Monster that was in the Epicurious forum years ago?
            Hey Faith,

Nah not me mate. I dont have a clue what that is...

Comment

Thanks Cookie Monster. Epicurious is a cooking website a place to talk about food and recipes. Thought you might be the same guy. Small world and all that.

Forums at Epicurious.com

Comment

This was the tile saw that I used
                Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Ryobi-450W-Tile-Cutter-180Mm.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	404834
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X