Size:	668.6 KB
ID:	318890

ready for next quarter

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010115.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	686.5 KB
ID:	318891

the first and secnd quarter of the dome cast 2 inches thick, high density refractory 130 lbs per cubic foot

Re: casting the pizza oven

So how is this working out? Just noticed this casting. I have interest in this!

Comment

Because of the form and weight of each section, I'd imagine that they would not be easy to assemble, particularly the last piece. How did you go? any pics?
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

actually I set the first piece in place, wife balanced it, placed second one held itself up at that point. placed third and fourth piece wiggled it around and it all came together. the first piece was the entry so it almost was balanced

Comment

it has been patched with a high temp mortar, which was compatible with the refractory

Comment

Wow great job. That is a very impressive job. You should be very proud of your self.

Randy

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Hi IronPony,

Nice quality work. I am glad you decided to continue on the forum. Your work is topnotch and will help others who want to do a cast oven. Maybe you could do a picassa album show all of your steps. Have a nice holiday season.
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

IronPony,

I am very interested in building castable oven but my only concern is the performance issue if there is any. Have you had a chance to use yours? How is it holding temps, how long does it take to heat it up? Any info would be more then helpful.
                  thanks in an advance

Comment

really nice oven. how much time it took to build it? how it works now? m

Comment

I know this is an old thread but this mold is amazing. Im hoping Iron pony will respond. Im wondering (well Im wondering a lot of things about this casting but right no im wondering what the material is that was used to make the revel on the sections. I mean the thin piece is either luan or Masonite but Im wondering about the thicker piece attached to it. If any one knows I would greatly appreciate it. I believe this will be the mold system I use it seem perfect for my needs.
                      Thank you

Comment

I did my casting couple of years ago in a very similar fashion. I used a styrofoam sheet for the "revel". Cut it to the size and since it's bendable you can just glue it to the form.

Comment

Thanks Tiggi I was so frustrated with this site after posting that I have not been back till now. I am ready to build the form its going to be a duplicate of Iron Pony's as far as I can tell its the perfect from. It would be great if you could share any changes you made to yours and if they were good decisions or not. You can just PM me for now I want to start a build thread but just cant do it today. Thanks for your reply on the revel.

Comment

Is there a thread that describes the mold construction? Thanks
                            Check out my build at:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...uild-4678.html

Comment

Unless you are planning to run a business reproducing ovens, why a mold? David's in-situ cast in place dome over wet sand works ideally. Much simpler, and you will never see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X