Michigan Patio Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Patio Kitchen

Ok I moved over here because it looks like the right place to post pics of our progress. I'm not sure exactly how to post these so please be patient with me This is the plan, the site, and the complete slab. P70 will be in the corner on the left. More to come !!

Re: Michigan Patio Kitchen

Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000097 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	291410
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
      Nice rendering. I have a similar "L" shaped layout for my outdoor kitchen. I started with a plan to do a corner oven, same as you. At the end of the day, I decided to go with the oven on the short leg of the "L" and am happy I made that choice. I think the countertops lay out a bit better for prep. In the rendering, your oven looks awfully close to the BBQ. Might be easier with small oven such as the P70, but I figured I'd share my experience.

[ATTACH]31726[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the tip. I have adjusted the plan a bit and the range will be a bit farther to the right. Will have to play with oven placement a bit, which I understand is possible with a primavera and some elbow grease.

Comment

Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
        Tracy
        Texman Kitchen
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Originally posted by texman View Post
          Nice looking plan you have there. I am "trying to finish" a corner build. The P70 looks to be 42" deep. In a corner placement you will need extra room at the rear and sides of your placement. Are you going with/or without the stand? What are your concrete dimensions? Just trying to figure out how it will fit there.
          Tracy
          Here is a pic with a 42" paper template on the slab. Masonry will extend approx 1.5" outside the slab and the counter-top another 1.5" The counter-top will come to a 45 in the L corner in front of the oven opening extending out approx 10" I'm going to move the oven back on the counter-top as far as possible - probably leaving an inch or so clearance in the rear. There will be a steel frame in the corner (not the FB stand) with concrete on steel under the granite in that area to support the oven. I know it's a small area, but that's really all I have to work with. I've been through the design 1000 times and am still nervous about it LOL

Comment

That looks great. Glad to see you have it figured out. I like your setup and that is plenty of room, i think. Close to the house for convenience, too. Are you going to extend utilities to the area? (natural gas for grill and electric for a fridge, maybe water for a sink) I am still trying to figure out my design, so i know what you mean about the 1000x.
            I really like the looks of the P70 and you will have a very nice kitchen there. You have saved yourself a lot of money as well going with that oven and you can take it with you should you ever need to. If i knew then what i know now, i think i would seriously consider one of the pre-built ovens. Glad i built mine, but the thought of setting one on the counter and starting a fire is awesome, too.
            Texman Kitchen

Comment

The paper template is 42"? You know the dome/insulation is outboard of that, ie hanging over the edge? Entryway extends even farther than that. Maybe I don't understand what your going to do.
              Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

The pre-built model (P70) he is using has the insulation/dome included in that 42" diameter. The oven is prebuilt and ready to go.
                Texman
                Texman Kitchen

Comment

so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.
                  Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Originally posted by lwood View Post
                    so it's not a 42" oven, more like 36" in our nomenclature.
                    It's 28" inside and 42 OD.

Comment

Congrats on starting your kitchen and getting your P70 into place quickly. Am interested in seeing how the entryway works out in the corner. It's sure to be a wonderful place to gather and enjoy a great pizza (or twelve).
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by texman View Post
                        That looks great. If i knew then what i know now, i think i would seriously consider one of the pre-built ovens. Glad i built mine, but the thought of setting one on the counter and starting a fire is awesome, too.
                        I have to echo this sentiment - no regrets but a LOT of time invested and not done yet .... those pre-cast ovens look pretty sweet right about now.
                        dvm

My road to pizza is documented here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ome-17755.html
                        sigpic

Comment

so where are you in Michigan? i built my 36" a couple of years ago, and the family wants one at the lake house... it will be a P70 if it happens. as a "fish whisper", how do you expect to get this project done while the salmon are running?

Comment

Originally posted by dvm View Post
                            I have to echo this sentiment - no regrets but a LOT of time invested and not done yet .... those pre-cast ovens look pretty sweet right about now.
                            Your build looks great DVM! I decided on the p70 to see how much we are actually going to use the WFO and exactly where it should be placed before undertaking a build of my own. When I see how and where the oven works best I might go back to the original plan and build a 36 somewhere either on the L portion of the platform, on the short straight leg in front, or maybe out in the yard somewhere away from the patio. Guess I chickened out a little bit on the build for now.
                            Last edited by Fish Whisperer; 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonylake View Post
                              so where are you in Michigan? i built my 36" a couple of years ago, and the family wants one at the lake house... it will be a P70 if it happens. as a "fish whisper", how do you expect to get this project done while the salmon are running?
                              We're in Chesterfield on Lake Saint Clair, about 40 miles north of the D. Yes the kitchen project will cut into my fishing time

Comment

Working...
                              X