Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

In connection with new house construction, we (errr I) decided to go for a built in outdoor kitchen and wood burning pizza oven. The pics below show the initial planning for the stamped concrete patio and main area for the kitchen and WPO. The overall curved shape decided, the utilities (gas and electric) piped from the house and the rectangular area for the kitchen properly planned (fingers crossed), it was time to pour a 1500 square feet of concrete.....
    Last edited by sclancy; 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM.

Re: Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

more pics....

Comment

OK, so fast forward 2 weeks and the outdoor kitchen is framed up using 16ga metal studs covered in Durock. Althought I have not decided what I am going to do for the WFO (modular or preassembled), I went ahead and built the full size base. To the right of the WFO is an undercounter fridge and then the 53" Viking grill with side burners, rotisserie and smoker. A bar height counter with open storage under is opposite. Gas line and electric already run under the pad right into the framing.

Comment

While I had planned/hoped to get the hearth poured before they applied the stone veneer, the timing was out of my hands. The guys doing the stone veneer had an opening and wanted to get started.

So it looks like I will have to put the hearth forms on the top of the block base and the 4" pour will be recessed 2" and then the edge covered with another course of veneer.

Comment

That looks great !! I really like the look of the stamped concrete.

Comment

What a difference a day can make (when professionals are cut loose in my case).

Stone veneer is complete. You can see in the 2d older picture that it matches the foundation around the house....

Comment

I love the stone cladding - should look really good when finished.

By the way, how do you not have a problem with rainwater filling the stairwell and getting in through the back doors of your house? (There's been a lot of that here the last few days!)

Comment

Looks good. I am in RVA too. Which oven are you putting in? Who is doing the work for the kitchen and patio? Thanks!

Comment

So far I have just been GC'ing the build and finding various subs to do work. I am trying not to spend a fortune on this. The counters I have decided will be pieces of bluestone to keep cost down. As for oven, I will most likely do a FB modular oven. My base is big enough for the largest of ovens...I liekly will do the Casa110. I will build a stel stud house around it and cover it with the stone to match the base. I have plenty of the stone veneer left over.

I m looking for a mason now to come (weather permitting) and do a 2 part pour of my base (4" concrete + 3" vermiculite/cement over cement board...I still may buy the HF mixer and bags do it myself....

Comment

Looks brilliant! Good luck with your build.
                    sigpic

Check out the link to my build and pictures here

Comment

Any luck on finding medium duty firebrick around Richmond? I have only been able to find light duty. Thanks.

Comment

Fabby, I am going to do a modular cast oven so I havent gone looking for raw materials locally except for vermiculite...which I did fine but I need to split it with someone as there is a 60 cu ft min for $140....

Comment

how many cubic feet will you use? I was thinking of using the FB board but haven't priced it out yet. Where are you getting the vermiculite, maybe we could split it up.

Comment

I might split that with you if I cant find the FB board. How many cu ft will you need for your base and dome?

Comment

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X