Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

Hi, it's been a while since your post. How do you like the Volta?

Comment

I definitely need to post an update. The short answer is that the Volta is awesome! A few quick things - the pieces did not fit together as tightly as I would have expected - the seams all overlap (lap fit) but they don't overlap/lock completely. other than that the quality is good. Drying the oven took just a few small fires - no fresh mortar so not much water....the oven takes less than 2 hrs to get up to temp and it holds heat very well. I have done close to 40 pizzas at a party and had no trouble keeping the deck at 600-700 and the dome pushing 900-1000. There seems to be plenty of mass above and below. Getting to temp takes 5-8pcs of split wood total and then another 4-6 pieces to keep a fire going for 2-3 hrs of cooking. I will post up completed pics and a more complete write up soon. All in all the price was great for the Volta and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Did I mention that I love the pizza???

Comment

awesome, thanks for the reply! definitely send some pics I'm looking to do either the Volta or just building my own but still undecided

Comment

Finally complete!!!

Comment

Very nice!
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Congratulations!! it looks fantastic!

Neil

Comment

Great job. You must be happy with that! I know I would be.
                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Coming up for Worlds. Pizza party this weekend?

Comment

Not sure if you're still up and reading these, but started my Volta 100 project a couple of months ago and at the stage to assemble the Oven. Two questions I had. 1- Did you use the ceramic fiber board that came with it for under the oven, and 2- Per their instructions they state Not to mortar the oven gaps, but see you did with HeatStop50.. All OK.. G&O the supplier explained Not to leave the Oven or ceramic board exposed to rain.. so I guess you had to cover every nite until your surround was completed? Your project came out Fantastic.. thanks for sharing this it helps.. and would love to get some tips on the metal stud roof framing..I am a novice, but quick learner!

Comment

Have not seen sclancy post for a long time. Comments on the ceramic board, it is the currently one of the better insulations out there. Yes it will get soft and mushy if it gets wet so always over the build if rain or water can get on the oven during construction. Many builders use pop-up canopy tents for weather protection as well as shade during the build. RandyJ just did a metal stud enclosure. There are several others out there as well. As far as the oven gaps, we talking the floor or the dome or both. Reasoning for leaving un-mortared is for thermal expansion.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

THANK YOU for that quick reply: I was inquiring about the oven dome gaps, do know many state for expansion NOT to mortar with high heat cement, but it seems many do, and sclancy did and he seems to have had no issues.. so pros and cons of doing it versus not doing it? the Floor I expect will fill up with ash and such over time so be ok..

Comment

Check with David S. He does cast oven as well, Some solid cast others segmented.
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

How is your build?? I am going to start a Volta build in November......This was a useful thread for me, but he hasnt posted in a while or responded to a PM I sent. Hope yours is going well......
                            https://picasaweb.google.com/1029081...00165373509921

Comment

Originally posted by Damer419 View Post
                              How is your build?? I am going to start a Volta build in November......This was a useful thread for me, but he hasnt posted in a while or responded to a PM I sent. Hope yours is going well......
                              Any chance we can change your mind about Volta and go with a Giardino, Casa or Premio?
                              Regardless, enjoy your build and thanks for participating.
                              Tim | COO
                              Get a Fast Quote, visit our Online Store, or read our latest Blog Post!
                              Simply Amazing! View Roasted Tomato And Gulf Shrimp On Sweat Cream Grits Recipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X