Indoor 32" Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indoor 32" Build

Very nice! I love your choice of tile. Again, that is a very beautiful oven.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Wow looks great. Must be nice to have inside.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
        Wow looks great. Must be nice to have inside.

Randy
        Yes it is nice to have inside. This winter has been very cold, outdoor cooking out of the question.

Comment

Our house sold today, good bye pizza oven...

We use the oven nearly every week and that means the new house will have one as well. Coincidentally, the new house happens to have a PERFECT place for a new oven, even has an insulated chimney pipe just waiting for use. A kitchen remodel will go along with the oven build.

Can anyone spot the area just begging for an oven?

Thinking I'll make this one a bit fancier with a rounded appearance and mosaic tiles.

Comment

Decided on a different approach to building the new oven. This one is constructed entirely of welded 304 stainless steel. The only masonry is the floor, which is fire brick. The arch trim is constructed in stainless and turned with a drill press. A heat break should keep the trim at a cooler temperature.

Comment

Nearly finished with the exception of flooring. A modern departure from traditional ovens normally seen on this site.

Comment

Oh wow, that is really cool. Very nice work! the wood looks so nice, you might not want to burn it!

Did you do the burnishing with a drill press?
                My build progress
                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                  Oh wow, that is really cool. Very nice work! the wood looks so nice, you might not want to burn it!

Did you do the burnishing with a drill press?
                  Yeah, the wood box looks good topped off - there's a cord of wood in the cellar so I can refill.

The burnishing is done on a drill press using a 1" turning kit from Eastwood.

Comment

Nice Job - that looks fantastic.

I will be interested to hear how it cooks.
                    Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

Built a fire already, heats fast - around 1/4 the heat up time of a conventional brick oven. It doesn't have the mass to hold heat for cooking into the next day. But that's fine with me since I cook pizza and then done. Having an indoor oven that cools down quickly is less concerning, a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineLotus View Post
                        Nearly finished with the exception of flooring. A modern departure from traditional ovens normally seen on this site.
                        Wow!!!! That is some indoor addition, and with all the snow you had this winter....well ......... inside is good.
                        Last edited by mrchipster; 03-24-2015, 04:18 PM.
                        Chip

Comment

A very interesting build and a very different one.

Looks great. Now for the cooking. I hope it works well.
                          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

First pizza in the oven tonight. The yeast had been dormant since end of November, it smells ok, but didnt activate. Ended up using store bought dough, which isn't nearly hydrated enough. So not the best test of the oven. Initial thoughts are good. Up to temp in 30 minutes, floor was around 800 and dome 1000. Used 1/3 the wood compared to the all brick oven. Had to keep the fire roaring, no mass to maintain oven temps. Overall better, but experience not as authentic.

Comment

Working...
                            X