Indoor 32" Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor 32" Build

The start of my build, an indoor 32" oven. I'm limited by space constraints, so clearances dictate the size of the oven. It'll connect to a 6" insulated chimney, 15' high. The oven will be fully enclosed with a mosaic tile front and cast iron windowed door from a wood stove.

Re: Indoor 32" Build

Ready for the rebar, forms and concrete.

Comment

Cast iron door, 20"x12".
      Last edited by MaineLotus; 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Good luck with your build. You will find that you will be cramped for space once you start laying the bricks of your dome. I had exactly the same problem and was also closed in by three walls.

How are you going to insulate your oven? That is certainly the most important feature of a successful oven. All the best - I will follow your build with interest.
        sigpic

Check out the link to my build and pictures here

Comment

looks cool. As Outeniqua points out, room to work could be an issue. I might have waited to put one of the walls up until after the dome was finished.
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working space will be tight. Had a choice if either working in the garage in 20 degree temps or framing in the oven area and working in 68 degree tight quarters.

Plan to use 3-4" of ceramic blanket for insulation. Will likely add a powered wall vent to exhaust some of the heat from the enclosure.

Comment

ML,

This will be an interesting build to watch. You will be a yoga master by time you are done. I would steal some of the better half's mirrors to help inspect your work. Good luck and send pics.
              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 02-04-2013, 07:13 AM. Reason: typos
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                ML,

This will be and interest build to watch. You will be a yoga master by time you are done. I would steal some of the better half's mirrors to help inspect your work. Good luck and send pics.
                Yes it will be tight working, but at least I'll be warm.

A few progress pictures from this weekend. Poured the top and some drywall and electrical work. Hoping to pickup the insulation board and blanket sometime this week so I can start laying brick this weekend.

Comment

Starting to lay brick. Decided to use a product called FoamGlas for the floor insulation. Using 3" board to compensate for slightly lower efficiency compared to ceramic board.

Laying bring is a lot of fun, the tight working quarters is a bit challenging but workable. My back is a sore and I'll either need more beer or a massage.
                  Last edited by MaineLotus; 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineLotus View Post
                    Starting to lay brick. Decided to use a product called FoamGlas for the floor insulation. Using 3" board to compensate for slightly lower efficiency compared to ceramic board.

Laying bring is a lot of fun, the tight working quarters is a bit challenging but workable. My back is a sore and I'll either need more beer or a massage.
                    Wow I thought I had a tight space to work in with only 2 sides restricted.

You will need to maintain high flexibility as you go higher. The IT will come in handy on this one.

Will be following your build closely.

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

Made a big push to finish the oven. Brick work is done. Still need to connect chimney, build wall & tile and mount the door. I can finally see the end of the project.

Since there are rooms upstairs, I had limited options for chimney placement. Built a temporary wood jig to to ensure everything could connect before building flue. Was not too concerned about the appearance of brick on the outside since it will all be covered by wall/tile.

Comment

Cast iron door

Comment

MaineL

glad you are back.

what kind of clearance will you have from that dome to wall? I assume you will fill all that space with insulation?

Texman
                          Texman Kitchen
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

At the base, there is 7" of clearance to the wall (cement board). It'll be covered with 4" of ceramic blanket. Will probably add a powered vent, going to wait to see if the enclosure gets too warm. Certainly wouldn't mind venting heat back into the house when it's 10F outside.

Comment

Gudday
                              I noted from the pics you have no lip , no revel on the entrance to the oven.
                              Have you included a damper on the flue to prevent heat loss up the chimney when the outer door is closed?
                              Neat build by the way I marvel at your results in such as tight space!
                              Regards dave
                              Measure twice
                              Cut once
                              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                              My Door
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
                              X